[act-ma] 4/21: "Gasland" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, April 21

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Tue Apr 12 09:29:27 PDT 2011

Showing Thursday, April 21, in Cambridge: [please download & distribute
flyer <http://rule19.org/download-film/film-110421-gasland.pdf>]

Gasland

Tension begins when Josh Fox researches a letter he receives at his
rural PA farmhouse, inviting him to sell his land for $100,000 and
permission to mine natural gas. His neighbors tell him horror stories
about water contamination due to hydraulic fracturing.

Fox tours other states where the process has already contaminated myriad
underground wells, His continuing investigation ties this unchecked
chemical process to Dick Cheney's Halliburton activity and bills
covertly passed during the Bush administration [and sustained under Obama].

*Gasland* sheds light on a practice that many American citizens have
assumed is benign. This is grassroots documentary filmmaking at its
finest. Gasland is edifying in the most entertaining and palatable way.
--Trinie Dalton

“/We've poured our poisons into the world as though it were a bottomless
pit.. and we go on gobbling them up. It's hard to imagine how the world
could survive another century of this abuse, but nobody's really doing
anything about it. It's a problem our children will have to solve, or
their children/.” ~Daniel Quinn, novelist (Ishmael)

“/It is not the man who has little, but he who desires more, that is
poor/”. ~Seneca, Roman statesman

*
NOTE: early bird short film at 6:40pm*

*When/where*
6:30 pm, doors open for refreshments, extra
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
*rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for the loss
of liberty and civil rights...