[act-ma] 4/17 Help Send Bikes to Ghana

Bikes Not Bombs mail at bikesnotbombs.org
Thu Apr 14 15:14:46 PDT 2011

This Sunday, April 17th, Bikes Not Bombs (BNB) will load our first
container of 2011 to Village Bicycle Project (VBP) in Ghana. This
will also be our first loading out of our NEW warehouse space in
Dorchester, in the ReStore warehouse. So come on out to help us load
bikes to Ghana, and celebrate the new BNB warehouse with a day of
fun, teamwork and solidarity!

Village Bicycle Project is Bikes Not Bombs’ first and longest running
partner on the African continent, and continues to be extremely
effective at getting bikes out to the most rural areas in Ghana - to
people who need the bikes most as their primary means of
transportation. These bikes go to farmers, women, teachers, students,
health care workers, traders and children to increase their mobility
and access to resources in rural areas, fueling development. Village
Bicycle Project also provides bicycle maintenance training to
everyone who receives a bike, as well as advanced repair training to
local mechanics. BNB is very excited to continue supporting Village
Bicycle Project’s amazing work with bicycles!

Time: 10am - 4pm
Come for the whole day or a few hours - whatever you are able. We'll
have coffee and bagels in the morning, and pizza in the afternoon
with a break to talk about the project.

Location:
Boston ReStore, Inc.
10 Harvard Street
Dorchester, MA 02124
ReStore is about a 10-minute walk from the Fields Corner T-Stop.
See it on a map at http://bikesnotbombs.org/node/847

Contact: David Branigan, International Programs Director, at
david at bikesnotbombs.org.