[act-ma] Come to a showing of INSIDE JOB at Wellesley, April 28, 7 pm

Julie A. Matthaei jmatthaei at wellesley.edu
Thu Apr 21 17:33:45 PDT 2011

 [Image:42111_80414_0.png]

Come to a free showing of INSIDE JOB at Wellesley College next Thursday,
April 28, 7 pm, in Collins Cinema, and a discussion led by 3 Wellesley
econ profs, including yours truly.  If you haven't yet had a chance to see
it, INSIDE JOB a FABULOUS documentary about the Wall Street crimes that
led to the Great Recession (see some reviews below). There's plenty of
free parking in the Davis Parking garage, right off the Rte. 135 entrance
to Wellesley; the showing is a 3-miute walk from there
(http://web.wellesley.edu/web/AboutWellesley/VisitUs/mapsanddirections.psml)

And if you like to sing and/or dance in public, email me and you can be
part of a short "action" during the screening promoting the Yes We Can
Make Wall Street Pay Petition (You can read more and [
http://www.change.org/petitions/yes-we-can-make-wall-street-pay ]sign the
petition here: -- we have over 1500 signatures so far!)

Some reviews of INSIDE JOB::

“INSIDE JOB is the first film to provide a comprehensive analysis of the
global financial crisis of 2008, which at a cost over $20 trillion, caused
millions of people to lose their jobs and homes in the worst recession
since the Great Depression, and nearly resulted in a global financial
collapse. Through exhaustive research and extensive interviews with key
financial insiders, politicians, journalists, and academics, the film
traces the rise of a rogue industry which has corrupted politics,
regulation, and academia. It was made on location in the United States,
Iceland, England, France, Singapore, and China.”
-- Rotten Tomatoes http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/inside_job_2010/

 “Do see it if you can; it will make your blood boil, and in a good
way.”
-- Paul Krugman http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/12/06/inside-job/

 “A crime story like no other in history.  Ferguson spells out with
remarkable clarity complicated financial matters at the heart of the
meltdown.”
-- Dave Germain, Associated Press

“INSIDE JOB deserves to be considered an authoritative primer on the
financial collapse.”
-- Ann Harnaday, Washington Post

Winner of 2010 Oscar for Best Documentary
#1 on New York Times list of top films in 2010

Hope to see you there.

Warm regards,

Julie

BASEN Co-Coordinator