[act-ma] 5/19 "Inside Job" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, May 19

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed May 11 10:47:51 PDT 2011

Showing Thursday, May 19, in Cambridge: [please download & distribute
flyer <http://rule19.org/download-film/film-110519-inside%20job.pdf>]

Inside Job

Inside Job is the first film to expose the shocking truth behind the
economic crisis of 2008. The global financial meltdown, at a cost of
over $20 trillion, resulted in millions of people losing their homes and
jobs. Through extensive research and interviews with major financial
insiders, politicians and journalists, /*INSIDE JOB*/ traces the rise of
a rogue industry and unveils the corrosive relationships that have
corrupted politics, regulation and academia.

On the surface, Inside Job is concerned with the events and the
aftermath of the global financial crisis (GFC). But amidst the various
interviews and cultural analysis, Charles Ferguson's insightful
documentary addresses a more fundamental issue of social concern: the
leniency (and double standards) surrounding acts of white-collar crime.

In his Oscar acceptance speech for Best Documentary, Ferguson began by
reminding us that 3 years after our worst financial meltdown "/not a
single financial executive has gone to jail./" Isn't it time to take action?

"/No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If
we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people
for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love
of power/." ~PJ O'Rourke

"/Corporation, n., An ingenious device for obtaining profit without
individual responsibility./" ~Ambrose Bierce 1842-1914

*
NOTE: early bird short film at 6:40pm*

*When/where*
6:30 pm, doors open for refreshments, extra
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
*rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for the loss
of liberty and civil rights...