[act-ma] People's Rally for Healthy Air - Friday 5/20 Boston, 12 noon - 1 PM

Kerry Thompson thompson0692 at comcast.net
Mon May 16 09:29:45 PDT 2011

Please spread the word to your networks. If you're free this Friday, come down to Boston at noon for the People's Rally for Healthy Air. We were at PowerShift 2011 with Vanessa Rule, who is organizing the rally. All of us there were very inspired to bring the action home to Massachusetts. Please spread the word about this one-hour event on Friday at noon at Scott Brown's office.

You may also be interested in finding out more about hosting or having events for New England Climate Summer, which she is involved with: http://www.newenglandclimatesummer.org/

- Tom and Kerry Thompson
Awakening the Dreamer, Changing the Dream facilitators
Lancaster, MA
===============================

Hello all,

Inspired by PowerShift 2011? Lets recreate some of that energy this FRIDAY at the People's Rally for Healthy Air! (https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=201626079879212)

We're putting on some street theater to go with it, similar to what we saw in D.C. (created by awesome 350.org arts ambassador, Kevin Buckland). If you'd like to participate in the street theater, please let me know ASAP!

We'll be protesting Scott Brown's vote to gut the Clean Air Act (meet in from of his office at 15 New Sudbury Street, 12:00pm).

This is a PEOPLE'S MARCH! We want him to know his constituents won't stand for putting fossil fuel companies' financial interests over our health and future.

Please spread the word! Show up with your kids and parents! Bring your friends! Sen. Brown will be in Boston that day, getting ready for a fundraiser by "Women for Brown" in Newton that night -- a direct response to backlash he's gotten as a result of his Clean Air Act vote.

Bring signs about:
clean air
environmental justice for all
local, green, and fair jobs
breast milk and fish free of mercury

There will be music -- bring an instrument if you feel so moved! There will be theatrics! Feel free to dress up accordingly to send a message!

This will be one WELL SPENT hour in your week!!! Scott Brown is going on the defensive/offensive on the Clean Air Act vote: he's made a mistake, knows it, and this is drawing huge local and national media attention. It's a unique opportunity to reclaim this senatorial seat and send a loud and clear message that people and our planet won't be sacrificed for corporate profit!

Vanessa Rule

Director of Community Outreach
Better Future Project
http://www.newenglandclimatesummer.org/
http://www.betterfutureproject.org/
New England Climate Summer is a program of the Better Future Project. BFP is fiscally sponsored by the Open Space Institute, Inc., as part of their Citizen Action Program. OSI is a nonprofit public charity exempt from federal income tax under Sections 501(c)(3) and 509(a)(1) of the Internal Revenue Code.