[act-ma] 5/20 "Bring War Dollars Home" Event @ The BPL (Sat)

James in Cambridge tompaine at hotmail.com
Mon May 16 19:32:53 PDT 2011

http://warisacrime.org/content/boston-event-bring-war-dollars-home

Boston Event: Bring the War Dollars Home!

BRING THE WAR DOLLARS HOME!
SATURDAY, MAY 21, 2011, 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
BOSTON PUBLIC LIBRARY
Mezzanine Conference Room
700 Boylston St., Copley Sq., Boston, 02116
Closest T-Stops: Green Line - Copley & Orange Line - Back Bay
We are told that there is no money for good jobs, good schools, good health care, good housing and clean energy. At the same time we are spending trillions of dollars on wars that leave us all unsafe but benefit weapons makers and oil companies. And we're all paying the price... veterans who come home looking for jobs, school children whose schools are closing, parents who must choose between the mortgage or rent and health insurance.
One solution is to bring the war dollars home!

A FORUM TO SOLVE THE BUDGET CRISES AND END THE WARS
featuring

BRUCE GAGNON
Coordinator, Global Network Against Weapons & Power in Space;
Organizer, Maine Bring Our War Dollars Home Campaign; Vietnam-era veteran

LINDA BILMES [not currently certain...]
Professor, Harvard Kennedy School, Coauthor w/Joseph Stiglitz, The Three Trillion Dollar War: The True Cost of the Iraq Conflict (invited)

CHARLIE DERBER
Professor, Sociology, Boston College, Author, Greed to Green: Solving Climate Change and Remaking the Economy

CHARLES YANCEY
City Councilor, Boston; Chair, Council Committee on Human Rights & Services (invited)

SPONSORS:
MASSACHUSETTS GLOBAL ACTION,BOSTON UNITED NATIONAL ANTIWAR COMMITTEE (UNAC),
GLOBAL NETWORK AGAINST WEAPONS & NUCLEAR POWER IN SPACE, MAJORITY AGENDA
PROJECT, NEW ENGLAND UNITED, CODEPINK MAINE, WATERVILLE AREA (ME) BRIDGES FOR
PEACE AND JUSTICE, CONNECTICUT UNITED FOR PEACE,
RI MOBILIZATION COALITION, INTERNATIONAL ACTION CENTER, THE BAIL OUT THE PEOPLE MOVEMENT, WOMEN'S FIGHTBACK NETWORK, MAINE CAMPAIGN TO BRING OUR WAR DOLLARS HOME, UNITED FOR JUSTICE WITH PEACE, EASTERN MASSACHUSETTS COALITION
TO FUND OUR COMMUNITIES/ CUT MILITARY SPENDING 25%
For more information call, 888-400-1225