[act-ma] Cambridge Climate Week ActionFest - Saturday, May 21

Steve Wineman swineman at gis.net
Wed May 18 19:29:10 PDT 2011

*Cambridge Climate Week Finale: ActionFest*
*Saturday, May 21*
*Noon - 3:30pm*
*Cambridge College, 1000 Mass Ave. *map
<http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Cambridge+College,+1000+Mass+Ave.&hl=en>

Climate change is the most urgent problem we face.  In the words of Dr.
James Hansen, NASA climate expert, /"Climate is nearing dangerous
tipping points....Time is running out."/  What can we do -- as
individuals and working together as a community -- to take meaningful
action?

*Join us on May 21 to find answers.*  Talk to representatives from over
30 community organizations that are working for climate stability and
security. Make commitments for specific actions you will take to be part
of the solution.

/*Speakers will include*:
City Councillor and former Mayor Denise Simmons
Audrey Schulman from the Home Energy Efficiency Team
Gary Rucinski from the Citizens Climate Lobby /

Cambridge Climate Change Week is being organized by the Cambridge
Climate Emergency Action Group (CCEAG) and was proclaimed by the
Cambridge City Council.  You can find us on the web at *www.cceag.org*
or find us on Facebook*http://www.facebook.com/* .  Or contact us at
*cccweek2011 at gmail.com*