[act-ma] SUNDAY 5/22- Immokalee Workers Rally

Reed Miller reedmiller17 at gmail.com
Sat May 21 09:49:42 PDT 2011

Stop and Shop Flash Mob Action with Boston Sass Attack Radical Cheerleaders

1 pm - Meet and learn the cheer-dance
Stony Brook Park
Jamaica Plain, MA

3:30pm- Rally outside of Brookline Stop and  Shop, 155 Harvard Street

Boston Sass Attack is inviting folks to join our action at Stop and
Shop Sunday, May 22th. Stop and Shop buys its tomatoes from Immokalee
FL where the workers are paid 1.4 cents per lbs of tomatoes they pick.
In some extreme cases, workers are being held against their will and
being exploited through forced labor. Both cases are concrete examples
of wage slavery.  The Coalition of Immokalee workers is calling on
Stop and Shop to support their demand for 1 penny more per lbs of
tomatoes and Stop and Shop is continuing to refuse. Join us in
solidarity with Farm Workers AND have a great time dancing to a hott
song to the tune of Britney Spears' Baby One More Time. Plus there's
gunna be a marching band! We also need folks to pass out fliers, hang
out with our bikes and sing the lyrics without dancing. There are so
many ways to participate!

For information about upcoming practices and details about the event, email
bostonsassattack at gmail.com