[act-ma] "Out in the Office" Panel: June 9, 6-7:30pm

David Weinstein david.adam.weinstein at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 08:49:33 PDT 2011

See below for an exciting panel opportunity--useful for anyone who wants to
be a conscientious employee (or employer!).

New Sector Alliance <http://www.newsector.org/index.php> presents:
"Out in the Office": Being LGBT in the Modern Workplace

Thursday, June 9, 2011
6:00pm-7:30pm
Tent City Community Room (located in Tent City Apartments, 130 Dartmouth St.
Boston, MA)

**Join some of Boston's most seasoned nonprofit leaders as they discuss what
it is like to be LGBT in today's workplace (emphasis on the nonprofit
sector). Panelists will delve into issues such as coming out in the office,
same-sex partnership benefits, maternity/paternity leave, discrimination,
and best practices.

Our guests (for full bios, please see
here<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Ket1B8AostsFMNHdEsji_BO0WMHgrTPG_qHaz6Xw398/edit?hl=en>
):

~David Waters, CEO, Community Servings
~John Gatto, SVP of Programs, AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts
~Sue Morong, COO, Women's Lunch Place
~Gunner Scott, ED, Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition

We are lucky to have found such a knowledgeable and charismatic team to
answer our questions. All are encouraged to attend this event, whether or
not you identify as LGBT.

Light refreshments will be served. We ask that you please RSVP as soon as
possible; to do so, please contact david.adam.weinstein at gmail.com.