[act-ma] GreenPort Forum June 21 - The Economics of Happiness

Steve Wineman swineman at gis.net
Sat Jun 4 18:47:28 PDT 2011

GreenPort

Forum

/Film and Discussion/

*The Economics of Happiness *

/Tuesday, June 21 at 7:00pm/

/Cambridgeport Baptist Church, 459 Putnam Ave/

A powerful new film by Helena Norberg-Hodge, Steven Gorelick & John Page

  /*'Going local' is a powerful strategy to help repair our fractured
  world -- our ecosystems, our societies and our selves. Far from the
  old institutions of power, people are starting to forge a very
  different future. The thinkers and activists interviewed for the film
  come from every*/

  /*continent, and represent the interests of the great majority of
  people on*/

  /*the planet today. Their message is unambiguous: in order to respect
  and*/

  /*revitalize diversity, both cultural and biological, we need to
  localize*/

  /*economic activity.*/

/Featuring/voices from six continents, including:

Vandana Shiva, Bill McKibben, David Korten, Michael Shuman, Juliet
Schor, Richard Heinberg, Rob Hopkins, Andrew Simms, Zac Goldsmith,
Samdhong Rinpoche

_www.theeconomicsofhappiness.org <http://www.theeconomicsofhappiness.org/>_

*Tuesday, June 21 at 7pm
Cambridgeport Baptist Church
459 Putnam Av, Cambridge
(corner of Magazine St. and Putnam Ave)*

GreenPort envisions and encourages a just and sustainable Cambridgeport
neighborhood

For more information, contact Steve Wineman at _swineman at gis.net
<http://webmailb.juno.com/webmail/new/8?folder=Inbox&msgNum=0000CNG0:001AMTKM00001FP6&block=1&msgNature=all&msgStatus=all&count=1247709227&content=central>_