[act-ma] FW: PROTEST UMASS FEE HIKES this Wednesday

Marilyn Frankenstein marilyn.frankenstein at umb.edu
Tue Jun 7 08:35:43 PDT 2011

------ Forwarded Message
From: Heike Schotten <Heike.Schotten at umb.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2011 11:25:57 -0400
To: Heike Schotten <Heike.Schotten at umb.edu>
Conversation: PROTEST UMASS FEE HIKES this Wednesday
Subject: FW: PROTEST UMASS FEE HIKES this Wednesday

**please forward widely**

PROTEST FEE HIKES AT UMASS BOSTON!
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8
MEET AT 8:30 AM

Massachusetts Students United (MSU) Club Space, UMass Campus Center 2nd
floor
Board of Trustees meeting (where we'll be protesting) is at 9AM in the
Campus Center ballroom, 3rd floor Campus Center.

 The UMass Board of Trustees is going to vote Wednesday on a 7.5% fee
increase for this fall, to increase the cost of UMass tuition+fees by $800
to almost $12,000/year. This latest fee increase comes on the heels of
another 15% fee increase just two years ago! UMass Boston is the only public
university in the city, and is increasingly unaffordable to Boston
residents.

That's why we will be at the Board of Trustees meeting to tell the trustees
that we want affordable public education in Boston--not fee hikes!

All who support public higher ed in Boston are welcome!

There will also be a meeting/poster making session Tuesday, June 7 at 3pm in
the MSU space, CC 2nd floor--Come if you can make it!

Questions? fundumassboston at gmail.com or call Dan at 508-221-4344

------ End of Forwarded Message