[act-ma] 6/16 "The War You Don't See" - Free UPandOUT film screening, Thurs, June 16

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Thu Jun 9 10:22:35 PDT 2011

Showing Thursday, June 16, in Cambridge: [please download & distribute
flyer <http://rule19.org/download-film/film-110616-war%20dont%20see.pdf>]

The War You Don't See

By John Pilger, world renowned filmmaker & journalist, whose previous
films include /The War on Democracy/, /Stealing a Nation/, and /Breaking
the Silence/ -- among many others.

/*The War You Don't See*/, Pilger's latest film asks 'What is the role
of the media in rapacious wars like Iraq and Afghanistan, and how are
the crimes of war reported and justified when they're /our/ crimes?'

Modern 'democracies' don't leave marks. Elites do not want the public to
know what they're doing. The public is a threat that needs to be countered.

The lives of countless men, women and children depend on the truth. This
film is about your right to know.

Turn on the lights.

/"Never has so much official energy been expended in ensuring
journalists collude with the makers of rapacious wars that they say are
now 'perpetual'. They plan a state of permanent conflict wholly
dependent on keeping at bay an enemy whose name they dare not speak: the
public/." ~John Pilger

/"We had a secret weapon/," he boasted. "/We had the media, especially
TV. You got to have the media./" Venezuelan general who, with CIA
backing, led a coup against the democratic government of Venezuela in 2002.

*NOTE: early bird short film at 6:40pm*

*When/where*
6:30 pm, doors open for refreshments, extra
*7pm, film starts promptly*
243 Broadway, Cambridge - corner of Broadway and Windsor,
entrance on Windsor
*rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Please join us for a stimulating night out; bring your friends!
free film, free refreshments, & free door prizes.
[donations are accepted]

"/You can't legislate good will - that comes through education./" ~
Malcolm X

*UPandOUT film series - see rule19.org/videos <http://rule19.org/videos/>*

Why should YOU care? It's YOUR money that pays for US/Israeli wars - on
Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Palestine, So America, etc etc - for
billionaire bailouts, for ever more ubiquitous US prisons, for the loss
of liberty and civil rights...