[act-ma] 6/23 (REMINDER) Forum on e5's Wheelchair Accessibility @ Community Church of Boston (6-8pm)

alisa alisa at encuentro5.org
Fri Jun 17 15:35:00 PDT 2011

*The ACCe5S! Project presents...*

*A Forum on e5's Wheelchair Accessibility*

*June 23rd, Thursday, 6-8pm*
@ The Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston Street
Copley Square, Boston 02116

This forum is free, open to the public, and will include:

- The ACCe5S! Project (see info below) reporting back on its progress and
plans to install a wheelchair accessible bathroom at *encuentro 5*, along
with a portable ramp with handrails in the entrance way;
- Space for community feedback, consultations, questions and ideas; and
- An open discussion and development of plans with a look at the next
phases.

*Light snacks and refreshments will be served. *

The Community Church of Boston has elevator access.
For more accessibility info, visit:
www.communitychurchofboston.org/home/rental-information/

*THE ACC**e5**S! PROJECT
*access.encuentro5.org.

encuentro 5's ACCe5S! project is launching this Spring. We are raising funds
to build a wheelchair accessible bathroom within our multi-movement
community space. We’re also adding a ramp in the entryway for use during
events.

Achieving a long-standing objective and working with community input--and in
time for our 5th year anniversary--we will be expanding our capacity to meet
the needs of our sisters and brothers who are otherwise excluded. To make
this happen, we need architects, contractors, plumbers, and community
collaborators who can donate their time and labor. We are also looking to
everyone who meets & organizes in the space to support this project,
likewise, to the social justice community as a whole. We would like to reach
out to those directly impacted by accessibility constraints to participate
in the process, to share their needs and ideas, and to give feedback along
the way.

As we look forward to a more accessible e5, please contact Alisa at *
alisa at encuentro5.org*  if you are able to help out with The  ACCe5S!
Project, as well as if you have any questions, suggestions, concerns, or
ideas.

*Please visit access.encuentro5.org for more information.*

(Note: Unfortunately, this accessibility improvement benefits encuentro 5
but will NOT make the building as a whole accessible.)