[act-ma] 6/23 Children's Day at the Mass Hope 2011 Vigil after school! (Thursday)

Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 07:59:22 PDT 2011

Come join us for CHILDREN'S DAY @ Mass Hope 2011 Vigil at the steps of the
State House on Thursday 6/23 after school!

 Last week, people concerned about immigrant rights won a big victory when
Governor Patrick said No to Secure Communities, a program which has unfairly
deported large numbers of immigrants. But hostile Senators have attached
anti-immigrant, anti-worker, and anti-family amendments to the Senate
version of the state budget. The budget is now in conference and we must let
the chairs of that committee know that these outrageous amendments are
unacceptable.

We won't stand for this! Immigrants are a vital part of our state's economy
and society. Rather than criminalizing immigrants and creating barriers to
access, we need the state to create jobs and increase resources for all its
residents. *We are starting our 24/7 vigil on the steps of the statehouse
this MONDAY JUNE 20th at 8AM until these amendments are removed from the
budget. *
www.masshope2011.wordpress.com
www.simforus.com
Please contact: Lily Huang lily.yimche.huang at gmail.com