[act-ma] 7/17 Challenging the Siege of Gaza Aboard: The Audacity of Hope

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Wed Jul 13 10:51:20 PDT 2011

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON SUMMER SPEAKERS
& COMMUNITY DISCUSSION SERIES:

Sunday, July 17th, 2011
11:00am

"Challenging the Siege of Gaza Aboard: The Audacity of Hope," with Ridgely
Fuller.

On July 17th, CCB will be hosting the THIRD in a summer series of weekly
topical discussions.

We will gather at 11:45am, in the 2nd floor auditorium, to share brunch. The
speaker will begin presenting on a topic of interest to the Community Church
of Boston members and friends at 12:15 pm. Q & A and community discussion
will follow.

Please bring a wholesome, nutritious, savory bit to contribute to our brunch
table. Coffee, Tea & Juice will be provided.
Our third topic in this weekly summer series, on Sunday, July17, 2011, will
be "Challenging the Siege of Gaza Aboard The Audacity of Hope." And we are
indeed fortunate to have, speaking to us on this topic, Ridgely Fuller, just
back from the the Second Freedom Flotilla where she joined with hundreds of
world citizens representing some 22 countries, who came together to insist
that Israel end its illegal blockade of Gaza, and to demand that
international law and human rights be applied equally to all people. She and
other flotilla activists also joined with citizens of Athens to demonstrate
against the Greek government's willingness to serve as the enforcer of
Israeli's naval blockade of Gaza.

Ridgely is a Boston area resident and social worker with a history of
Palestinian human rights activism who has traveled to West Bank and Gaza
numerous times since 2002. She also has an MA from Fletcher School of Law
and Diplomacy at Tufts University. Ridgely's fellow passengers on the
American ship, The Audacity of Hope, included other internationally known
activists such Medea Benjamin, Hedy Epstein, Kathy Kelly, Ray McGovern,
Alice Walker, and Ann Wright. You can see the bios of all passengers and
crew, as well as videos and up dates at : http://ustogaza.org/. But, don't
miss this exclusive, live report back, together with Ridgely's action-packed
visuals, at Community Church of Boston this coming Sunday the 17th. Come and
welcome home our courageous sister and comrade.

If you have any questions, please contact: MARY LYNN CRAMER,
mllynn2 at yahoo.com, or JOHN MACLEOD, jmacleod200 at yahoo.com.

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community united for the study and
practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical ideals to
individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to all forms of
social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Rev. Jason Lydon, Minister
Community Church of Boston