[act-ma] Fwd: Community Change, Inc. Events: The Boston Busing/Desegregation Project

Myrna Morales myrna at communitychangeinc.org
Thu Jul 14 08:37:33 PDT 2011

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paul Marcus <pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org>
> Date: July 13, 2011 10:02:31 AM EDT
> To: myrna at communitychangeinc.org
> Subject: Community Change, Inc. Events: The Boston Busing/
> Desegregation Project
>

> Do you remember "busing" and desegregation in the 1970's?
> Will you participate in a communal truth-telling about the era?
>
> Come learn with the Boston Busing/Desegregation Project
> on Thursday, July 21st from 6 - 8 pm
>

> On coming Thursday July 21st, CCI will show the film "Can We Talk:
> Learning from Boston's Busing/Desegregation Project" and continue
> the discussion. Please join to learn and share your truth about the
> era, and learn about the Project.
>
> The Boston Busing and Desegregation Project (BBDP)
> is publicly discussing Boston's public education busing crisis
> during desegregation. This history has been examined but remains
> unresolved. "Can We Talk?"  shares personal stories from Boston's
> 1970's desegregation school crisis. The BBDP and the Union of
> Minority Neighborhoods are forming a community based Learning
> Network in conjunction with the film to explore people's truth about
> the era, learn from it and work towards systemic change based on
> what is learned.
> Space is limited, Please RSVP
> Email Paul Marcus at pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org to reserve a space
>

> 14 Beacon Street Suite 605
> Boston, Massachusetts 02108
> 617-523-0555
> 8:00AM-5:00PM
>

> Forward email
>
> This email was sent to myrna at communitychangeinc.org by pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org
> Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™
> | Privacy Policy.
> Ernestine Washington | 14 Beacon Street Suite 605 | Boston | MA |
> 02108

Myrna Morales
Social Media Coordinator
myrna at communitychangeinc.org
(t) (617) 523 - 0555
(w) http://www.communitychangeinc.org/Drupal
twitter: @cciboston
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Change-Inc/87915238074?ref=ts
  ("like us" to get a stream of great information on your facebook
newsfeed)
meetups: http://www.meetup.com/Bostons-My-Knapsack-Is-Not-Invisible-Group/

"My alma mater was books, a good library.... I could spend the rest of
my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity."  - Malcolm X