[act-ma] [UJP] Community Speakout on Jobs and the Economy

United for Justice with Peace ujpcoalition at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 19:16:36 PDT 2011

UJP: Community Speakout on Jobs and the Economy

COMMUNITY SPEAKOUT ON JOBS AND THE ECONOMY

It’s no secret that our community is facing many challenges these days. Many
people are out of work and have little hope of finding a job. Hundreds have been
forced from their homes due to foreclosure. Tight budgets have closed schools
and community centers, leaving our youth with few opportunities.

When: Wednesday, July 20, 2011, 6:00 pm

Where: Prince Hall • 24 Washington St • Dorchester

It’s time for change, and we need to speak out and take action on these and so
many other issues that harm our neighborhoods.

Please join MassUniting to share your story. At 7:30 we'll take to the streets
in support of neighbors who are facing foreclosure and eviction.

Big businesses and corporate CEOs may want to focus on spending cuts and tax
breaks, but we know what the real issues are. Click here to invite your friends
and neighbors to our Community Speakout.

Boston area peace activists will attend and make sure that cutting back on the
War Budget is heard! Please meet at Prince Hall at 5:30 to help:
·         Hold a 40-foot banner comparing domestic spending to
military spending;
·         Pass out info to people attending the forum;
·         Sign up and speak about how we can cut Pentagon spending to
get the jobs and services we need.

This event is sponsored by MassUniting, a coalition of Service Employees
International Union and several Boston area community groups.

		 [1]

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [3]

ujpcoalition at gmail.com [4]

            617-383-4UJP (NEW!)

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [5]

Upcoming Events:

		Prospects for Peace with Justice in Israel and Palestine [6]

		Wed Jul 20

		1:00pm

		First Church in Cambridge, Congregational

		Cambridge

		Community Speakout on Jobs and the Economy   [7]

		Wed Jul 20

		6:00pm

		Prince Hall

		Dorchester

		Report Back from Freedom Flotilla II [8]

		Wed Jul 20

		7:00pm

		Cambridge Friends Meeting House

		Cambridge

		\"Hibakusha, Our Life to Live\", with a Talk by the Filmmaker [9]

		Fri Aug 5

		6:30pm

		All Saints Parish

		Brookline

		Save the Date: Wars and Occupations Conference [10]

		Sat Oct 1

		9:00am

		Boston area

		Social Movements/ Digital Revolutions Conference [11]

		Fri Oct 21

		6:00pm

		Lesley University

		Cambridge

More Peace and Justice Events [12].    How to Submit Events [13]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] ujpcoalition at gmail.com