[act-ma] Boston IWW meeting - Sunday 8/14

Andrew Wasser awasser8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 05:00:20 PDT 2011

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Bumpus <wbumpus62 at comcast.net>
Date: Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 6:49 AM
Subject: [Bostgmb-l] Boston IWW meeting - Sunday 8/14
To: Boston GMB list <bostgmb-l at lists.iww.org>, bostgmb-a at lists.iww.org

**
 The Boston IWW branch will be meeting at 2:00 pm on Sunday, August 14 at

Encuentro 5
33 Harrison Ave, Boston

You're invited to the next meeting of Boston's Branch of the Industrial
Workers of the World/IWW! We run our own union -- without bureaucrats --and
conduct union business democratically through discussion and voting. The IWW
is conducting high-profile campaigns to organize service sector workers.
We're also laying the groundwork for future union drives right here in
Boston. Find out why our branch keeps adding new members *every month.*
Check out our vision of a world without bosses. Our plan is to build a new
society, free from oppression, poverty and war, within the shell of the old,
capitalist system that offers less and less to ordinary people. Dump the
bosses off your back! Come join the One Big Union!

Directions
------------------------------

We are on the 5th floor of the UNITE-HERE building at 33 Harrison Ave,
Boston, MA 02111. Here's how to connect with us in person! e5 is convenient
to the MBTA lines as well as to the intersection of the 93 and 90 interstate
freeways. NOTE: These descriptions are only meant to provide a general sense
of direction and relative distances. Traffic conditions, frequent highway
construction and maintenance, alterations in signage, emergency and weather
conditions, and other factors may all impact the precise route that you will
have to take. Please consult the linked websites and other directions
resources when planning your trip.
>From the subway lines Red Line: Downtown Crossing (Chauncy Street Exit)

1. Take Chauncy Street Exit 2. Go right on Chauncy - go (almost) 3 blocks 3.
Arrive at 33 Harrison Ave (on right hand side)
Green Line: Boylston Street Stop (All Lines)

1. Head east on Boylston St - go 2 blocks 2. Turn right at Harrison Ave - go
(almost) 1 block
Silver & Orange Lines: Chinatown Stop

1. Head east on Essex St - go 1 block 2. Turn right at Harrison Ave - go
almost) 1 block