[act-ma] Fwd: Community Change Inc: "Ain't no place like home: 21st century Dorothy" Sculpture viewing 8/26/11 7pm

Myrna Morales myrna at communitychangeinc.org
Fri Aug 19 07:17:09 PDT 2011

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Paul Marcus <pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org>
> Date: August 18, 2011 3:02:02 PM EDT
> To: myrna at communitychangeinc.org
> Subject: Community Change Inc: "Ain't no place like home: 21st
> century Dorothy" Sculpture viewing 8/26/11 7pm
>
> Having trouble viewing this email? Click here
>

> "Ain't no place like home: 21st century Dorothy"
> August 26, 2011 at 7pm
>
>  August 26, 2011
> 7 pm
> at
> 14 Beacon Street
> Room 605
>
> (Park Street Stop on the Green and Red Line)
>
> RSVP required, space is limited.
> ARTIST STATEMENT:
> Darrell Ann Gane-McCalla
>
> I believe the creation and enjoyment of the arts are human rights
> and should be accessible to everyone. I am a sculptor, painter,
> muralist, mixed media artist and art teacher. In my artwork I work
> to reclaim public space and convey truths that are concealed, left
> out or twisted in our society.
>
> I hope to take art off its pedestal and use creativity to celebrate
> life, transgress boundaries and resist hierarchy and oppression.
>

> Follow us on Twitter!
> Like us on Facebook!
>
> Please join us in commemorating the anniversary of Hurricane
> Katrina, with a discussion of ways to use the arts to celebrate
> struggle and resilience, and to process, confront, and transform
> tragedies.
>
> "Ain't No Place Like Home:
> 21st Century Dorothy"
> by
> Darell Ann Gane-McCalla
>

> The viewing will be followed by a small talk given by the artist at
> 7:30pm.
>
> Darrell Ann Gane-McCalla is an artist in the movement for radical
> social change.  She is a sculptor, muralist, and art educator.
>
> For more information, visit our website.
> Please RSVP to pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org
> Forward email
>
> This email was sent to myrna at communitychangeinc.org by pmarcus at communitychangeinc.org
> Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe™
> | Privacy Policy.
> Community Change Inc. | 14 Beacon Street Suite 605 | Boston | MA |
> 02108

Myrna Morales
Social Media Coordinator
myrna at communitychangeinc.org
(t) (617) 523 - 0555
(w) http://www.communitychangeinc.org/Drupal
twitter: @cciboston
facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Community-Change-Inc/87915238074?ref=ts
  ("like us" to get a stream of great information on your facebook
newsfeed)
meetups: http://www.meetup.com/Bostons-My-Knapsack-Is-Not-Invisible-Group/

"My alma mater was books, a good library.... I could spend the rest of
my life reading, just satisfying my curiosity."  - Malcolm X