[act-ma] Labor Day - and More - at Open Media Boston (weeks of 8/29/11 and 9/5/11)

Jason Pramas jpramas at igc.org
Mon Sep 5 20:50:27 PDT 2011

Hi folks! Check out the latest edition of Open Media Boston.

News: Temp Workers Rally in South Boston for REAL Reform Bill
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1968

News: Demonstrators Demand Sen. Kerry Use "Super Committee" Post to
Fight for Jobs, Against Wars
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1964

Editorial: A Labor Day Admonition
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1970

Editorial: ACLU Pulls Out a Key 1st Amendment Win Allowing People to
Record Police Activities
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1969

Opinion: Labor Day Conversation With Wayne Langley of SEIU 615: “Unions
Need To Recapture Historic Role Speaking For The Public Good”
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1966

Opinion: Oh No Onyango
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1957

Opinion: Verizon Strike: A Teachable Moment?
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1955

Arts: Interview: Gabrilla Ballard-Thakore to Play Sept. 10th Peña
Rebelde at e5
http://www.openmediaboston.org/node/1967

Featured Visuals by Jason Pramas:
http://www.flickr.com//photos/47483261@N05/sets/72157627596038516/show/

If you'd like to join OMB's Facebook community go to our organizational
page http://www.facebook.com/openmediaboston/.

If you'd like to post an event listing in the Upcoming Events section in
the left-hand menu column of OMB, find out how at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide#event. For registered users only.

If you'd like to subscribe to our RSS Feed (or get email updates of new
articles as they appear), click the following link:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/OpenMediaBoston-ProgressiveNewsViewsAndArtsFromThehubOfTheUniverse

(If you don't know what an RSS Feed is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rss)

If you'd like to follow our latest stories via the micro-blogging
service Twitter, click the following link:
http://twitter.com/openmediaboston

(If you don't know what micro-blogging is, check out
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micro-blogging)

Enjoy,
Jason Pramas
Editor/Publisher
Open Media Boston
www.openmediaboston.org

p.s. - Open Media Boston is a social media news site. As such, we are
only as good as the contributions we get from you, the viewers, from
week to week. We'd like to encourage you all to always feel free to
submit content in any media form anytime. And be sure to comment on
content that's already posted to the site. If you've never posted
content or a comment to OMB before, check out our handy User's Guide at
http://www.openmediaboston.org/usersguide.