[act-ma] 9/21- Climate Crisis, Global Wars, and Sustainability - 6pm Round Table Discussion @ IHCD

alisa alisa.wind at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 14:46:43 PDT 2011

*Climate Crisis, Global Wars, and Sustainability*
A Round Table Discussion with Presentations

*Wednesday, September 21st, 6pm
Inst. for Human Centered Design
200 Portland Street, Boston*

Join us for a round table discussion with a diverse group of presenters,
among them: Valerie Fletcher of the IHCD, Biologist Maggie Zhou of Climate
SOS and UNAC, and Systems Science student, Garry Sotnik, visiting from the
hub of environmental innovation, Portland, Oregon. Presenting his paper on
Portland's five Ecodistrict Pilots, an initiative launched in 2009 in the
City of Portland to catalyze the city’s transition process towards
sustainable development, Garry will share his research on adaptability.
Joined by Maggie Zhou and Valerie Fletcher, among other community organizers
and activists, we will discuss the root causes of the climate catastrophes,
and the effects of global warfare and corporate imperialism on the
increasing vulnerability of our ecosystems. We will then open the floor for
an open discussion on the role of community organizing within the
environmental movement and the prospects of transitioning to sustainability
beyond the current social order.

On Facebook:
Climate Crisis, Global Wars, and
Sustainability<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=245767648787710>