[act-ma] 10/19 - KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - a participatory workshop by DWC

alisa alisa at downtownworkerscenter.org
Wed Oct 12 16:53:19 PDT 2011

*DowntownWorkersCenter (DWC) *
Presents...

*>> KNOW YOUR RIGHTS - A Participatory Workshop*

*WHEN: Wednesday, Oct. 19th, 2011 7-9pm**

WHERE: @ encuentro 5
33 Harrison Avenue, 5th Fl. Boston, MA 02111
Close to Downtown Crossing (Red Line), Chinatown (Orange Line) and Boylston
(Green Line) T stops
Please RSVP!
*
This KYR (Know Your Rights) participatory workshop is based on collaborative
learning principles that assumes the current legal framework and limitations
as they apply to working people in Massachusetts. This is our first
DWCworkshop that we hope to develop and improve with everyone's input
and
feedback.

The workshop will include: Role-playing real life situations, Sharing
experiences, Learning what 'Wages and Hours' protections exist for MA
workers, Discussion of Anti-Discrimination laws in MA, etc.

Follow the event on Facebook: DWC - KYRs Participatory
Workshop<http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=123113331126740>
*
--
The DowntownWorkersCenter is a non-profit, worker-run organization which
educates, empowers and organizes workers in the Downtown Crossing area by