[act-ma] "We Saved a Community" -- Community Gathering Dudley Square October 19 from 7 to 9

Katherine Mathew kmathew at madison-park.org
Fri Oct 14 11:17:26 PDT 2011

[use_this_act_ma.jpg]

Share and hear stories about 1960's community activism in Roxbury that fought urban renewal, stopped the I-95 highway and helped found one of the first community development corporations.  All are invited to share memories of that time in Roxbury's history when urban renewal threatened to destroy a neighborhood and city planners came up with one ill conceived idea after another.  The neighborhood came together and won a smaller school footprint, affordable housing and no highway.

A 45th anniversary event sponsored by Madison Park Development Corporation.

Wednesday, October 19, 2011
7:00-9:00 PM
Hibernian Hall
184 Dudley Street
Roxbury, MA  02119
617.849.6335

Call for information and to let us know you're attending.

[45th_logo.jpg]