[act-ma] [UJP Activist] Teach in at Occupy Boston: Cut the military budget, fund our communities

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Thu Oct 20 08:15:13 PDT 2011

UJP Activist: Teach in at Occupy Boston: Cut the military budget, fund our
communities

TEACH IN AT OCCUPY BOSTON: CUT THE MILITARY BUDGET, FUND OUR COMMUNITIES

Cut military spending, fund our communities

Mike Prokosch, Denise Zwahlen, & Eric Fields

Sat. Oct. 22, 1:00 pm at Occupy Boston encampment, Dewey Square, near South
Station
Occupy Boston Free School

At a time when more Americans are struggling than any time in recent history,
mainstream media and politicians are talking about cutting vital social
services. They say we have no money. But why not? Part of the story is decades
of tax cuts and tax breaks for corporations and the rich. But part of the story
is where the money we do have is have is going. Over half of federal
discretionary spending goes to the military! We will give a short introduction
to the federal budget and military spending—everyone should know where their
tax money is going. Then we'll talk about strategies and campaigns to cut
military spending and use that money for our communities.

		 [1]

United for Justice with Peace [2] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [3]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [4]

info at justicewithpeace.org [5]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [6]

Upcoming Events:

		Boston Palestine Film Festival [7]

		Fri Oct 21

		5:00pm

		Museum of Fine Arts and other locations

		Boston

		Social Movements/ Digital Revolutions Conference [8]

		Fri Oct 21

		6:00pm

		Lesley University

		Cambridge

		Peace in Asia and the Pacific: Alternatives to Militarization [9]

		Fri Oct 21

		7:00pm

		American University

		Washington

		Women, Peace and Security [10]

		Sat Oct 22

		9:30am

		UMass Boston Campus Center

		Dorchester

		Teach-in: Cut the military budget, fund our communities [11]

		Sat Oct 22

		1:00pm

		OccupyBoston encampment

		Boston

		26th Annual Gathering of War Tax Resisters & Supporters [12]

		Fri Nov 4

		5:00pm

		Pioneer Valley Co-Housing

		Amherst

		Arlington Takes on the D.C. Budget Debate [13]

		Tue Nov 8

		7:00pm

		Arlington Town Hall

		Arlington

		Veterans Day 2011 [14]

		Fri Nov 11

		10:00am

		Boston Common

		Boston

More Peace and Justice Events [15].    How to Submit Events [16]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org/donate