[act-ma] important article this week in the boston phoenix about boston murders and the media

skip schiel skipschiel at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 17:45:56 PST 2011

*'Anonymous Boston' addresses the media's role in covering inner-city
homicides<http://thephoenix.com/Boston/news/129344-anonymous-boston-addresses-the-medias-role-in-c/>
*

"Paying Respects"
Anonymous Boston, A Multi-Media Exhibit Examining the Role of Media in
Urban Violence

*Nov 4 2011 - 12:00am** - Nov 19 2011 - 12:00am*
 * *

*The exhibit, produced by Joanna Marinova Jones and bringing together 16
families who have lost their children to violence, is a response to the
unaccountable and often intrusive media coverage made even worse by callous
comments left online by "anonymous" readers and bloggers.*
*Fourth Wall Project*
*132 Brookline Ave Boston, MA*

http://www.rymaec.org/node/410

http://www.facebook.com/AnonymousBoston

http://digboston.com/experience/2011/11/off-the-wall-anonymous-boston-preview/

+++++++++++

Skip Schiel (a.k.a Ein al-Nour)

9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA
skipschiel at gmail.com
617-441-7756 (land line)
617-230-6314  (mobile, used only on special occasions)
http://teeksaphoto.org
http://skipschiel.wordpress.com
http://eyewitnessgaza.net *

**At the Apollo Theater in Harlem, every Wednesday night is amateur night. At
an amateur night in 1934 a seventeen-year-old girl took the stage planning
to dance, but the act before her was a dance duo that was so good that she
felt she couldn’t follow it. So, while standing onstage, she decided to
sing instead. That girl was jazz great Ella Fitzgerald. She had never sung
in public. She didn’t know that she could sing! But as soon as she stepped
onstage, the core story of her life awakened, and she began to sing.

*—Michael Mead*
**
*To join my email list about my experiences in*
PALESTINE-ISRAEL*(Dispatches from Gaza, November 16, 2010-January 1,
2011), and after I
return home for postings related to that issue and very personal
reflections and photographs, please reply with SUBSCRIBE LEVANT in the
subject line.

To subscribe to my *PHOTO-MOVIE* list, what I make (on a variety of
topics), plus relevant other information and examples from other
photographers. I'll send links (average 1-3 links per week), not actual
photo files. If interested, please respond with SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-MOVIE.

*DETROIT* is my third list you can subscribe to: my photographic work there
along with other ruminations on the topic, especially tar sands oil and
Detroit. Simply reply with SUBSCRIBE DETROIT.