[act-ma] The 8th Annual Israeli Apartheid Week 2012

skip schiel skipschiel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 15:46:07 PST 2011

Feb - March 2012

In an open letter dated October
21-2011<http://www.bdsmovement.net/2011/an-open-letter-from-palestinian-students-to-their-peers-in-europe-8228>,
Palestinian students wrote “we hope you put BDS at the forefront of your
campaigns and join together for Israeli Apartheid Week, the pinnacle of
action across universities worldwide”. In response, organizers across the
globe are gearing up for the 8th annual Israeli Apartheid Week in support
of Palestinian Civil Society's call for Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions
(BDS). Last year’s IAW was incredibly successful with 97 cities
participating.

To accommodate various university schedules across regions, IAW will take
place at slightly different times between February and March. Here is a
list of dates for the regions confirmed so far:

Europe: February 20 - March 10
Palestine: March 12-19
United States: February 26 - March 3
Canada: March 5-9
Arab World: March 5-11
South Africa: March 5-11
*http://apartheidweek.org/*

+++++++++++

Skip Schiel (a.k.a Ein al-Nour)

9 Sacramento St
Cambridge MA 02138-1843 USA
skipschiel at gmail.com
617-441-7756 (land line)
617-230-6314  (mobile, used only on special occasions)
http://teeksaphoto.org
http://skipschiel.wordpress.com
http://eyewitnessgaza.net *

**Far from this place, sad wisdom,
Should one forbid youth
Forming these delightful bonds?
What madness,
When from its love
A young heart loses its sweetest moments!

*—Elisabeth-Claude Jacquet de la Guerre, act III of Cephale et Procris,
1665-1729*

*To join my email list about my experiences in*
PALESTINE-ISRAEL*(Dispatches from Gaza, November 16, 2010-January 1,
2011), and after I
return home for postings related to that issue and very personal
reflections and photographs, please reply with SUBSCRIBE LEVANT in the
subject line.

To subscribe to my *PHOTO-MOVIE* list, what I make (on a variety of
topics), plus relevant other information and examples from other
photographers. I'll send links (average 1-3 links per week), not actual
photo files. If interested, please respond with SUBSCRIBE PHOTO-MOVIE.

*DETROIT* is my third list you can subscribe to: my photographic work there
along with other ruminations on the topic, especially tar sands oil and
Detroit. Simply reply with SUBSCRIBE DETROIT.