[act-ma] Monthly Peace & Justice Film: HIBAKUSHA OUR LIFE TO LIVE -- Thu. 12/1, 6:45 PM, Central Sq. Library

Corr, Brian bcorr at cambridgema.gov
Wed Nov 30 09:16:55 PST 2011

The Monthly Peace and Justice Film Series presents:
[http://justicewithpeace.org/files/imagefield/ScarredLandsPhoto%5B1%5D.gif]HIBAKUSHA: OUR LIFE TO LIVE

Thursday, December 1  6:45-9:00
Central Square Public Library
45 Pearl Street, Cambridge, MA

HIBAKUSHA OUR LIFE TO LIVE is a film about the survivors of the atomic bomb attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. David Rothauser, producer, director will be our guest. This film tells the life stories of Japanese, Koreans and American survivors of the 1945 atomic bomb attacks on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  The film pulls no punches in targeting humanity's gruesome dance of death, engineered by scientists military and politicians at the highest level playing Russian roulette with our lives

AN EXTENDED DISCUSSION WILL FOLLOW THE FILM

FREE Parking Nearby
Refreshments will be served.

UPCOMING FILM
Thursday January 5, 6:45-9:00
Scarred Lands, Wounded Lives
In all its stages, from the production of weapons through combat to cleanup and restoration, war entails actions that pollute land, air, and water, destroy biodiversity, and drain natural resources. Yet the environmental damage occasioned by war and preparation for war is routinely underestimated, underreported, even ignored. The environment remains war's "silent casualty."

SPONSORED BY THE WOMEN'S INTERNATIONAL LEAGUE FOR PEACE AND FREEDOM AND THE CAMBRIDGE PEACE COMMISSION

Questions-call 617 244-8054<tel:617%20244-8054>