[act-ma] 12/10 - Adopt an Occupier: VENUE CHANGE

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Sat Dec 10 18:51:18 PST 2011

Because Occupy Boston's base of operations has temporarily moved to the
Boston Common, and because of uncertainty over how much access the police
will allow to Dewey Square, we felt that we should move the "Adopt an
Occupier" event to the Bandstand at Boston Common.

It is particularly important to have this event now.  The raid has created
more strains on Occupiers, some of whom now lack basic necessities.  Stuff
you could bring with you - food,
gloves, hats, paid Charlie Cards (t-passes) - would be much appreciated.

=====

Sunday Dec 11, 2:00 pm at the Boston Common Bandstand
(between Park Street and Boylston Stations)

"Adopt an Occupier" meet-up

"Adopt an Occupier" provides a way for people who cannot spend a lot of time
at Dewey Square to contribute to Occupy Boston by providing a level of
one-on-one support to an individual occupier. This support can extend from
buying a few pairs of warm socks to bailing your occupier out, in case of a
raid or arrest. The details can vary in each case, and are to be worked out
between the occupier and the "adopter". This session will provide a chance
for occupiers to meet and connect with potential supporters.

It will also be a way for supporters to catch up on where Occupy Boston is
headed, after the police raid on Dewey Square.