[act-ma] This Fri, 12/15: Closing Statements, Pack the Court for Tarek Mehanna

pf soto pfsoto at mynas.com
Wed Dec 14 20:34:23 PST 2011

  -------- Original Message --------
Please spread this to your lists and do you best to be there!
**Please forward widely**
Closing Statements this Friday.
All Out for Dr. Tarek Mehanna! Pack the Court!

*WHEN: Friday, December 16th, 2011 8:30am
WHERE: Moakley Federal Courthouse
1 Courthouse Way, Boston, MA*

Supporters have filled the courtroom daily, maintaining a strong
presence over the past 2 months. The defense has consistently to put
forth strong arguments and the case has come to a close. Closing
statements will be this Friday, in which both sides will present their
conclusions. The judge will go over detailed jury instructions and the
jurors will begin the deliberation process.
*Now is the time to step it up and give that last push to do what we can!*

**The Tarek Mehanna Support Committee is calling for supporters to PACK
THE COURT this Friday for closing statements!**
Please be in the court by 8:30 as the courtroom will most-likely fill up
quickly. We will help facilitate seating arrangements to the best of our
abilities. However, we encourage you to come even if you have to come
late or leave early; any amount of time you can be there makes a
difference!
Also, please note that *we are calling for a rally at the Federal
Building at 1pm /the day after/ the verdict is announced*, regardless of
the outcome (we pray that we will be celebrating, insha'Allah!). Of
course, we don't know what day that will be yet so please keep an eye
out for updates.
We want to sincerely thank everyone who has come to court throughout the
course of the trial. It's been amazing to see such an overwhelming
supporter turnout each day for the past 2 months! This show of support
is both a testament to Dr. Mehanna's history of service to the community
and also to the outrageousness of the case against him.

****
For those of you who may not know, Dr. Mehanna has already spent two
years in pre-trial solitary confinement under 23 hour lock-down. He is
accused of “material support for terrorism” and related charges. His
real offense in the eyes of the US government was his courage as a
Muslim and a man of conscience: his opposition to wars in Afghanistan
and Iraq; his vocal support for other Muslims falsely imprisoned by the
US government and; his refusal to work as an informant for the FBI in
the Muslim community. For these stands he now faces the possibility of
life in prison.
Up to date reports on the trial can be found at
www.freetarek.wordpress.com <http://www.freetarek.wordpress.com/>
More background on Tarek's case and the campaign to defend him can be
found at www.freetarek.com <http://www.freetarek.com/>