[act-ma] 4/06 Open rehearsal and panel discussion "Social Action through Music" with Maria Guinand
events.venezuelan.consulate at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 16:26:34 PDT 2011
*The Consulate of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela in Boston invite you
to an open rehearsal, a reception and a panel discussion with acclaimed
chorus conductor **Maria Guinand**, titled “Social Action through music”. **Ms.
Guinand is also Associate Conductor and Advisor for Choral Symphonic
Performances and Activities for the National System of Youth and Children’s
Orchestras of Venezuela, commonly known as **'El Sistema'**, a
government-funded organization, founded by maestro **José Antonio Abreu*,
aimed at systematizing music education and promoting the collective practice
of music through symphony orchestras and chorus as a means of social
organization and community development.
* Program: *
* Wednesday, April 6, 2011*
* Villa Victoria Center for the Arts*
* 85 West Newton Street, Boston, MA 02118*
* 4:30pm Open Rehearsal with the Premier Choir and the Young Men's Ensemble
* 5:30pm Reception hosted by the Consulate of the Bolivarian Republic of
* 6:00pm Panel Discussion: "**Social Action **through** Music " *
* The admission is free. For more information contact our office (617)
2669368 ext 200 or by email **consulate at boston.embavenez-us.org**.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Act-MA