[act-ma] FYI:: www.globalmigrantsaction.org
mark r wolff
mwolff8 at SDF.ORG
Sat Dec 17 04:11:47 PST 2011
Public Forum: United in Resistance for Local & Global Immigrant Rights
Sunday, December 18, 2011 - 4:00pm to 6:30pm
Arlington Street Church, 351 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116
On December 18, 1990, the United Nations General Assembly approved the
"International Convention for the Protection of the Rights of Migrant
Workers and Members of Their Families." In the year 2000, the United
Nations proclaimed December 18th as International Migrants Day to promote
the recognition of the rights of migrants, and ask all member states,
inter-governmental organizations, and non-governmental organizations to
observe this day. The United States has not as yet signed this
• Music/Dance by XOCHIPIL
• Introduction - Facilitator: Sergio Reyes
• Bishop Teixeira, OFSJC: "The Theology of Immigration"
• Centro Presente, Patty Montes: "The Struggle Against Secure Communities
and the We Are Campaign"
• Student Immigrant Movement, Nataly Castaño: "Direct Action and Lobbying"
• Mass Job with Justice: "Immigrant Worker Resistance, a Testimony"
• AFSC Project Voice, Gabriel Camacho: "The Struggle to Stop e-Verify"
• MIRA , Samuel Tsoi: "Role of Coalitions in Defending Immigrants and
• Occupy Boston Immigrant Rights Working Group: "Immigrants and the 99%"
• MataHari: Eye of the Day, Monique Nguyen: "Domestic Workers, Immigrant
Women and Our Families"
• Boston May Day Committee, Dorotea Manuela: "The International Struggle
for Immigrant Rights"
5:30-6:30 PM – Public Participation, Questions, Opinions, Ideas on How to
Continue the Struggle
SUPPORTED BY: AFSC Project Voice, Boston New Sanctuary Movement, BMDC,
Centro Dominicano, Centro Presente, Chelsea Collaborative, Community
Change, Inc., Diocese of St. Francis of Assisi, Immigrant Worker Center
Collaborative, MataHari: Eye of the Day, MA JwJ, MIRA, The Network/La Red,
Proyecto Hondureño, SIM
Info or endorsements: info at bostonmayday.org or 617-290-5614
More information about the Act-MA