[act-ma] FSU-Radio: Wed 1/25 7:00 pm COOPERATIVE BUSINESSES AND LOW COST COMPUTING (obr.fm)

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Fri Jan 20 13:25:18 PST 2012

Free School University Radio (FSU-RADIO) - Broadcasting Wednesday 7-8 pm

Wed 1/25 7:00 pm on OB RADIO
COOPERATIVE BUSINESSES AND LOW COST COMPUTING
with Wayne Clark and Marlene Archer of Occupy Newton

Wayne Clark has been involved with cooperative businesses over many years,
and will talk about what a cooperative is and is not, and how by organizing
production in cooperatives we can build for a non-capitalist future.
Marlene Archer works with a non-profit that acquires old computers,
including relatively recent ones being replaced by corporations and rich
institutions, and recycles them to make low cost computers available to
individuals and smaller non-profits.  She will talk about computer
recycling, and other ways of accessing computing power on a limited budget.

Occupy Boston Radio is currently available by internet only.  You can reach
us at http://www.occupyboston.org/radio/ or http://obr.fm, or by going to
http://occupyboston.org and choosing "Radio" from the upper right of the red
menu bar at the top of the page.  Once on the page, click the "play" arrow
on the radio player control app to begin listening.   Listener participation
is possible via call-in or IRC chat - see phone number and link on the radio
page.

FSU-RADIO is an educational series by Occupy Boston's Free School
University. Our goal is to form an autonomous zone and share skills needed
to maintain that, to entertain educate and enliven Occupiers and the general
public. Our purpose is to provide support and space for skill sharing and
sharing basic info regarding Occupy Boston and to encourage
self-organization, teaching, and learning opportunities.

Our Wednesday program consists of TALK radio featuring educational content
such as lectures, panel discussions and interviews.

Host: David Knuttunen (guest hosts from time to time)
Time: WED 7-8pm

To propose a guest for the program, email fsu at occupyboston.org, or call
David Knuttunen 617-558-5853.