[act-ma] [UJP] We Can Stop the next War! Saturday, 1pm, Park Street

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Wed Feb 1 04:16:46 PST 2012

UJP: We Can Stop the next War! Saturday, 1pm, Park Street

WE CAN STOP THE NEXT WAR! SATURDAY, 1PM, PARK STREET

  [1]

Saturday, February 4, 2012, 1:00 pm

            Rally at Park Street, march to the Israeli Consulate, and end with a
rally at Copley Square to demand No War on Iran!

Occupy Boston Action for Peace. More info here [2] or call 781-316-2018

NO war NO sanctions NO intervention NO assassinations on Iran

Endorsed by UJP.  Boston is one of 48 US cities that are having emergency demos
and a number of countries outside of US are participating as well.

Dear friends,

With a second aircraft carrier group steaming toward the Persian  Gulf, tens of
thousands of US troops stationed throughout the region,  and the sale of tens of
billions of dollars in US weapons to Iran's  neighbors in the Gulf region, it
seems that war with Iran could be  imminent.

But we won't wait for the bombs to drop to make our voices heard.   This
Saturday, Boston will be one of 48 cities to hold emergency demonstrations to
stop a war in Iran.  Please join UJP and other antiwar groups at Park Street at
1pm [3]!

Over the next few weeks, we also want to generate thousands of signatures to
counter the war drums. We will then deliver our petitions to the White House.

Please  take a moment to sign a petition calling on the President  to use all
means at his disposal to prevent a military strike on Iran -  by either the US
or Israel.

We know we can impact the President's efforts to prevent an attack by Israel if
we act right away.

We have a two week window to take a stand against any military strike  on Iran
that will strengthen our hand and counter calls from the  extreme right to make
war. We are already seeing Republican Presidential  candidates stumbling over
each other to prove they are more willing to  use military force than their
opponents.

In the past few weeks, administration officials have been meeting  with Israeli
military and civilian leaders because of increasing concern   Israel is
preparing to take military action against Iran.

You would hope our 'leaders' have learned their lesson.  The  unintended
consequences that plagued the US military in Iraq and  Afghanistan are surely at
play with regard to Iran.  The Obama  administration has shown some patience in
its search for a diplomatic  resolution to the crisis over Iran's alleged
nuclear weapons program,  but at the moment tensions are running high.

Earlier this month, Iran announced it had begun enriching uranium at  the Fordow
underground nuclear facility near the holy city of Qom, a  move many view as
crossing one of Israel's lines in the sand increasing  the risk of military
action, despite Israel’s claim such an attack is  ‘far off’.

We  can't afford to wait.  Please sign our petition to prevent war with  Iran
today, and get your friends on board as well.  We really can make a  difference
by acting before the crisis escalates out of control.

For peace,

- UJP Planning Group

		 [4]

United for Justice with Peace [5] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The UJP
Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social and
economic justice.

             [6]

Help us continue to do this critical work!   Make a donation to UJP today. [7]

info at justicewithpeace.org [8]

            		617-383-4857

            		www.justicewithpeace.org [9]

Upcoming Events:

		No War on Iran Demonstration [10]

		Sat Feb 4

		1:00pm

		Park Street Station to Copley Square

		Boston

		A Force More Powerful [11]

		Tue Feb 7

		7:00pm

		St. James Conference Room

		Salem

		Occupy Peace Summit [12]

		Fri Feb 24

		6:00pm

		Friends Center

		Philadelphia, PA

		Remember Fukushima: Walk for a New Spring [13]

		Fri Mar 2

		9:00am

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Seabrook, NH to Plymouth, MA to Vernon, VT

		Challenging the Pivot: The U.S., China, & Alternatives to Asia-Pacific
Militarization [14]

		Tue Mar 13

		7:30pm

		Episcopal Divinity School

		Cambridge

		Massachusetts Jobs with Justice 20th Anniversary Dinner [15]

		Thu Mar 15

		6:00pm

		Suffolk Downs

		East Boston

		Retire NATO, Create Jobs & Fund Peace [16]

		Fri May 18

		9:00am

		Chicago, IL

More Peace and Justice Events [17].    How to Submit Events [18]

[1] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/3429
[2] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/3429
[3] http://justicewithpeace.org/node/3429
[4] http://justicewithpeace.org