[act-ma] 2/6 Time Mgmt Skillshare; 2/14 SoJust Singles Party

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 12:40:56 PST 2012

Hi fellow activists and organizers!

We'll help you manage your time better so you have time for a relationship
(and we'll help you meet someone!). See below...

*Skillshare: Value-Based Time Management by Hillary
Rettig<http://www.sojust.org/events/47485502/>
** Monday, February 6, 6:00 - 8:30 PM *(limited spots available)
*The NonProfit Center by South Station
*

*Was one of your resolutions to be more productive? More organized? Find
balance between work and everything else that matters to you?* This
workshop begins with a discussion of how time should be viewed and valued;
why one needs to manage it; and how successful people tend to view and use
time. Then we move onto the five foundational principles of time
management, and contrast examples of managed and unmanaged time schedules.
We then discuss right and wrong ways to use time, lifestyles that support
and inhibit success, and techniques for budgeting and tracking your time.
We also discuss how to set priorities; how to decide and maintain
boundaries; and how to “create” time through delegation and other
techniques. Finally, we discuss tips for sticking to your schedule, and
dealing with unsupportive people. After the workshop, many participants
report being more productive and less stressed.

*RSVP for Time Management:* http://www.sojust.org/events/47485502/
*Spread the word! *http://on.fb.me/wyoLjx

 *Dating While Progressive (SoJust Singles
Party!)<http://www.sojust.org/events/46881442/>
Tuesday, February 14, 6:00-8:30PM
*Lir on Boylston by Hynes Convention Center

*Happy Valentine's Day!* Ready to meet some like-minded progressives? Then
you'll want to join us for Dating While Progressive, a fun and welcoming
singles party! This *Socializing for Justice* event is co-hosted by
the *Bisexual
Resource Center*, the Boston chapter of the *National Organization for Men
Against Sexism* (NOMAS-Boston), and the Boston chapter of the *New Leaders
Council* (NLC Boston).*
*

*YES, WE MEAN YOU.* Anyone who's single and/or available is invited!
Attendees are all ages, races, genders, sexual orientations, levels of
activism and professions. Some just moved to Boston and others were born
here. We hope you see someone like yourself and meet someone you otherwise
wouldn't have. *As always we'll help you mix and mingle - so no worries if
you're new to SoJust*, plus we'll have "I'M LOOKING FOR", "ASK ME ABOUT"
tags and a flirty bingo ice-breaker.

*THIS IS NOT A MEETING - IT'S A FUN SINGLES PARTY!*
No Program. No Speaker. (No Speed Dating.) Just Us. For Justice.
*RSVP for Dating While Progressive:* http://www.sojust.org/events/46881442/
*Spread the word:* http://on.fb.me/zdXYwO
For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
SoJust Co-Founder
@RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>
@SoJust<http://www.sojust.org/>

*Socializing for Justice - www.sojust.org*

*SoJust is not a non-profit 501(c)3 and receives no outside funding.* We're
a grassroots, volunteer-run, member-supported, cross-cultural, cross-issue
progressive community that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We
have almost 2000 members, hosted 110+ events and manage an online hub of
progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. We also share resources
via several projects: Progressive Events
Calendar<http://www.sojust.org/calendar>,
Progressive Message Board <http://www.sojust.org/boards>,
Campus2Community.net <http://www.campus2community.net/>,
ProgressiveVoterIndex.com <http://www.progressivevoterindex.com/>, Event
Promo Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars> and Venue Referral
Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonVenues>.

*If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network* please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.

*STAY CONNECTED!
*Become a member of Socializing for Justice at www.sojust.org.
Join the SoJust Facebook group: http://on.fb.me/SoJust