[act-ma] Politics: share, remix, reboot, March 10th, Democracy Center, Cambridge

James O'Keefe jokeefe at jamesokeefe.org
Fri Feb 17 08:56:20 PST 2012

The Massachusetts Pirate Party will be hosting our first conference -
*Politics:
share, remix, reboot*.  It will be all day on March 10th at the Democracy
Center in Cambridge.  More details and registration at:

    http://www.masspirates.org/blog/conference/

So far we have the following talks:

*David House*, a researcher at MIT who helped set up the Bradley Manning
Support Network, will be giving a talk entitled: *Going toe-to-toe with the
state: navigating the challenges of a digital activist*.

*Shauna Gordon-McKeon*, organizer for the Boston Sunlight Foundation, will
talk about some of the programming projects transparency activists are
using to open up government data.

Writer and publisher *Cecilia Tan*, and *Shane Bugbee* will be on the *Tales
from the Net: Making a living at being creative* panel.

*Michael Anderson* will give a talk called *Fight Ridiculous With
Ridiculous: The Guerrilla Tactics of Fair Use*.

Also, *Conor Sherman* will give a talk called *Stranger Danger: Don’t Click
that Link Even If They Offer Puppies and Candy*.

Finally, we will have a number of talks by Pirate Party members, including:

   - *Exploring Kopimism* by *Lauren Pespisa*
   - *Patents Upending* by *Erik Zoltan*
   - *Fair Use for Activists* by *Chris Walsh*
   - *How to Run for Office* by *James O’Keefe*

We will also have time for open discussion of where the Pirate Party should
go and what issues we should focus on.

We will be showing open or public domain films in the evening.

We hope you can join us on March 10th.