[act-ma] SAT NOON: Support union guards at the MFA!

Shaun Joseph snjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 21:44:09 PDT 2012

**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

Message to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston from its guard force!
DON'T SUBCONTRACT OUR UNION JOBS!
DON'T SUBCONTRACT OUR LIVES!

SATURDAY, March 24, 12-2PM
In front of the Museum of Fine Arts
465 Huntington Ave, Boston MA
(Green Line E to Museum of Fine Arts; or Orange Line to Ruggles)

The museum says it is considering plans to end our employment with the
museum.  As a result of a subcontracting process, the only hope we would
have of continuing to work at the museum, would be to apply and be hired by
an outside company's hiring program.  Our union members would be in
competition with and part of a much larger pool of applicants.  The MFA
says it has a list of people they don't want back!

This Saturday, March 24, 2012, from 12:00 p.m.-2:00 p.m. we will be having
a protest on behalf of the guards.  Please join us in front of the museum
on 465 Huntington Avenue!  Let's tell them: "Outsourcing the permanent
collection is not an option!"

For more info, contact John at rennipsmj at yahoo.com.