[act-ma] Wed, 3/28, Dorchester, "Organizing Meeting: Justice for Trayvon!"

Keith Rosenthal keithmr81 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 27 05:40:26 PDT 2012

-Please forward widely-

Justice for Trayvon!

Organizing Meeting

Wednesday, March 28, 7PM

Codman Square Health Center
637 Washington Street

Dorchester, MA 02124

Facebook Event Page with Map & Directions

Thousands of people have been protesting around the country for Trayvon Martin, the young 17 year old brutally murdered in Sanford, FL. In Sanford itself, a town with a population of over 5,000 residents, 30,000 people protested this weekend. There have been protests in Philadelphia, Seattle, Miami and locally in Cambridge.

People are saddened for Trayvon and his family, but millions recognize the racism that led to his death. We need to build protests in Black neighborhoods and in communities of color where people face racism and racist attacks every day. What can we do to keep the memory of Trayvon alive? Can we organize a rally and march in Dorchester or Roxbury?

Join this organizing meeting and bring your thoughts and ideas!

Everyone is welcome!