[act-ma] 4/2 Public Speaking; 4/11 99% Spring; 4/25 Board Games

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 04:46:49 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

Like many, we enjoyed last week's burst of summer. It felt like a trip to
FL without the airfare. It's also like enjoying a delicious meal on the
Titanic just before it hits the iceberg. I hope some climate change
activists join us for these April events...

*SKILLSHARE: PUBLIC SPEAKING* <http://www.sojust.org/events/54462792/>
*Monday, April 2, 6:00-8:30PM*
The NonProfit Center by South Station

Does the thought of speaking in public make you weak in the knees? Are you
looking for ways to bolster your public speaking skills and wow your
audiences? This introductory public speaking training focuses on building
the basic technical skills necessary to clearly transmit information from
the speaker to an audience. Specific skills include word choice, eye
contact, volume, vocalized pauses, and body language.  Using a small-group
format for practical training followed by a discussion debrief from each
exercise, the training is designed to allow all participants the
opportunity to practice their speaking in an environment that is
supportive, attentive, and can provide useful feedback.
*Register for Public Speaking: *http://www.sojust.org/events/54462792/

*SoJust's 99% Spring: NON-VIOLENT DIRECT ACTION TRAINING<http://goog_2142349291>
*
*Wednesday, April 11, 6:00-9:00PM*
The NonProfit Center by South Station

Join with 100,000 other Americans across the country to learn how to tell
the story of what happened to our economy, the history of non-violent
direct action, and how to use that knowledge to fight the corrupting
influence of big money on our political system. With this 3-hour training
you'll be prepared to join dozens of actions taking place in Boston this
spring, including a Tax Day Action and a May Day Action.
*Register for 99% Spring:* http://bit.ly/sojust99spring (This takes you to
a MoveOn.org event form.)

*Join the 99% Spring Movement! *
Training has been essential to every change-making movement, and this April
9-15 we’ll walk in the footsteps of history. Can't make the SoJust
training? Sign up for one of the many 7-hour or 3-hour trainings in the
Greater Boston area:
http://moveon.org/event/events/index.html?action_id=268&rc=99HP

*GAMES FOR JUSTICE* <http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/>
*Wednesday, April 25, 6:00-8:30PM*
Andala Cafe in Central Square

Need a break from the stress of work, the economy, and everyday life?
Looking for something to do that is fun, free, and progressive? Join us for
*Games for Justice at Andala Cafe*! Arrive by yourself or bring a friend.
Scrabble, Boggle, Apples to Apples, Scattegories - what's your favorite
board game? Bring it!
*Register for Games:* http://www.sojust.org/events/56278592/

*SAVE THESE DATES*
5/8: Suicide Prevention Training for Community
Leaders<http://www.suicidepreventionforleaders.eventbrite.com>
5/14: Skillshare: Art of the Schmooze<http://www.sojust.org/events/55667782/>
5/24: Connecting for Justice (SoJust Open
House)<http://www.sojust.org/events/55668702/>
9/13: Connecting for Justice (SoJust Turns 6!)

For Justice,
Robbie

Robbie Samuels
SoJust Co-Founder
@RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels>
@SoJust<http://www.sojust.org/>

*Socializing for Justice - **www.sojust.org*

*SoJust is not a non-profit 501(c)3 and receives no outside funding.* We're
a grassroots, volunteer-run, member-supported, cross-cultural, cross-issue
progressive community that's been growing steadily since August 2006. We
have 2000 members, hosted 115+ events and manage an online hub of
progressive events and resources at www.sojust.org. We also share resources
via several projects: Progressive Events
Calendar<http://www.sojust.org/calendar>,
Progressive Message Board <http://www.sojust.org/boards>,
Campus2Community.net <http://www.campus2community.net/>,
ProgressiveVoterIndex.com <http://www.progressivevoterindex.com/>, Event
Promo Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonCalendars> and Venue Referral
Resources <http://www.bit.ly/BostonVenues>.

*If you've benefited from this cross-issue progressive network* please
contribute the suggested annual membership fee of $25. You may do this
online <http://www.sojust.org/dues/> or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a space for like-minded progressives of all
stripes.

*STAY CONNECTED!*
Become a member of Socializing for Justice at www.sojust.org.
Join the SoJust Facebook group: http://on.fb.me/SoJust