[act-ma] Apr 14, Brattleboro, Greenpeace: It's time to shut down Vermont Yankee!

Amy Hendrickson amyh at texnology.com
Wed Apr 11 06:38:30 PDT 2012

Greenpeace

        Email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser

      Dear Activist,

      Entergy has dragged on the Vermont Yankee fight for too long. Despite a vote by the Vermont legislature to shut it down, its continues to operate- and under dangerous conditions. Join Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and supporters from all over the state for a rally to shut Vermont Yankee down! The rally will take place:

      April 14, 2012
      Brattleboro Commons
      Corner of Route 5 & Route 30 (rain location Brattleboro Union HS)
      noon to 2:00 p.m.

      Why rally? Your presence will help support the people working to shut this plant down for good. It's time we acknowledge the state's tireless work to replace Vermont Yankee with sustainable energy solutions and prevent further radioactive contamination of the soil, air, and water surrounding the reactor. Entergy continues to defy the state legislature and the will of the people by continuing to operate. It's high time it begins decommissioning the reactor and clean up the site.

      We hope you'll join us. For more information, visit our allies at Safe & Green Campaign at www.safeandgreencampaign.org

      We'll see you there!

      Jim Riccio, Nuclear Analyst
      Greenpeace

      Click here to forward this message.

      Greenpeace
      702 H Street, NW, Suite 300, Washington, DC 20001 | 1-800-722-6995