[act-ma] SAT NOON: Defend the MFA Guards Rally + Other Solidarity Events

Shaun Joseph snjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 07:10:25 PDT 2012

**PLEASE FORWARD WIDELY**

Message to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston from its guard force!
DON'T SUBCONTRACT OUR UNION JOBS!
DON'T SUBCONTRACT OUR LIVES!

SIGN THE PETITION:
https://www.change.org/petitions/mfa-trustees-do-not-let-boston-s-museum-of-fine-arts-ruin-their-workers-lives

Rally to Defend the Guards
SATURDAY, April 21, NOON
In front of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (Huntington side)
465 Huntington Ave, Boston MA
(Green Line E to Museum of Fine Arts; Orange Line to Ruggles)
RSVP on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/291599490916049/

The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston wants to outsource our guard union. We
would lose our status as museum employees and would be forced to apply
for our jobs to whatever outside contractor the museum chooses! The
museum would have non-union workers doing our union jobs! Let's give
the top 1% our 100% effort in stopping these attacks!

--

Solidarity Committee Meeting
SUNDAY, April 22, 5:30PM

Guards, students, and community members are joining together to fight
back against the MFA management's attacks--get involved! Possible
agenda topics include: Art in Bloom events; "Occupy the MFA";
community outreach; and more.

--

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!

ALL-OUT RALLY TO DEFEND THE GUARDS!
SATURDAY, APRIL 28, 11:30AM-2PM
Museum of Fine Arts, Boston

"Art in Bloom" is the MFA's biggest annual event, drawing thousands of
people to the museum from April 28-30. But while MFA management tries
to project a humane image, it's aiming to outsource the "permanent
collection"--the workers who make the museum what it is! Come out to
rally and let the public know what the MFA bosses are trying to do!

--

For more info on any of these events, contact John at rennipsmj at yahoo.com.

Join us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/misufight