[act-ma] 5/24 Socializing for Justice Open House

Robbie Samuels send2robbie at gmail.com
Thu May 17 06:32:07 PDT 2012

Hey fellow activists and organizers,

*Socializing for Justice officially has 2000+ members! **SoJust isn't a
non-profit 501(c)(3) and receives no outside funding.* We're a grassroots
volunteer-run member-supported cross-issue progressive community that's
been growing steadily since August 2006.  If you've benefited from this
cross-issue progressive network please contribute the suggested annual
membership fee of $25. You may do this online
<http://www.sojust.org/dues/>or at any of our events. Thank you for
helping us continue to provide a
space for like-minded progressives of all stripes.

We had a great Art of the Schmooze
skillshare<http://www.sojust.org/events/55667782/>on Monday. As one
participant noted, "This was actually standup comedy -
and outstanding! Robbie cleverly sandwiched in a lot of useful
thought-provoking questions, template-type ideas that he challenged us to
find our own idiosyncratic ways to express ..." SoJust will offer this
again in September or you can contact me about setting up a private group
training: www.ArtoftheSchmooze.com.

All that schmoozing prep was to get SoJusters ready for our next big open
house, *Connecting for Justice, on Thursday, May
24<http://www.sojust.org/events/55668702/>
*. We're expecting 120+ like-minded progressives. Check out the details
below and tell your favorite organization about the Action Stations so they
can get connected! Register at www.sojust.org.

For Justice,
Robbie

*Connecting for Justice - SoJust's Open House
Thursday, May 24 - 6-8:30PM*
Lir on Boylston by Hynes Convention Ctr T

*Meet like-minded progressives and get connected to great social justice
organizations in Boston*. *Haven't been to a Socializing for Justice
event?*It’s time to meet the friendly faces of the group that’s grown
to 2000
members, hosted 125+ events and fostered hundreds of connections since our
founding 5 1/2 years ago.

Join us if you are ready to go BEYOND ALLIES and build a CROSS-ISSUE
PROGRESSIVE MOVEMENT.

*Register** at www.sojust.org **- Newcomers always welcomed!*

*Cost:* $5-$20 collected at the door. **
(every $10 includes raffle ticket for a $25 iTune's gift card)*
Complimentary appetizers will be provided.
*

*THIS IS NOT A MEETING - IT'S A FUN NETWORKING SOCIAL!*
No Program. No Speaker. Just Us. For Justice.

*As always we'll help you meet people - so no worries if you're new to
SoJust*, plus we'll have "I'M LOOKING FOR" and "ASK ME ABOUT" tags at our
CONNECTIONS CORNER, which is staffed by our amazing STARZ (regular
attendees).  We'll also have our wildly popular JOBS BOARD and ACTION
STATIONS to make it even more likely you'll make the right connections.

*WANT TO CROSS-PROMOTE YOUR EVENTS AND CAMPAIGNS?* Looking for like-minded
progressives to hang out with in Boston? Are you new to the area and
looking for groups to get involved in? Are you psyched about building
strong cross-issue coalitions? Join us!

*YES, WE MEAN YOU.* Members are all ages, races, genders, sexual
orientations, levels of activism and professions. Some just moved to Boston
and others were born here. We hope you see someone like yourself and meet
someone you otherwise wouldn't have.

*HEY ORGANIZERS!* If you're involved with a group or project and want to
spread the word bring flyers for the free lit table. ACTION STATIONS - if
you have an action that can be done in 2 minutes (sign a petition) or
within 2 weeks of the event (attend rally, stuff mass mailing) bring it so
SoJusters can get connected to you and your work. This is not a typical
tabling event, there'll be lots of opportunity to schmooze and network!
Email robbie at sojust.org for more information about the Action Stations.

*The venue is open to anyone over 18 (must be 21+ to enter after 7PM) and
is partially physically accessible - elevator is at the back of the venue
and bathrooms are big enough for manual, but not motor-powered,
wheelchairs. Lir is across from the Hynes Convention Center. Parking near
Lir is really hard - you could get lucky or you could drive around for 30
or more minutes. There are parking garages by Back Bay station. Best bet is
to take the T to Back Bay or Hynes Convention Center (which is the closest
T stop).

*HELP SPREAD THE WORD!*
Invite your friends to this facebook event:
http://www.facebook.com/events/270693703008431/
Join the SoJust Facebook group: http://on.fb.me/SoJust
On Twitter? Follow @SoJust <http://www.twitter.com/sojust> and SoJust's
Co-Founder @RobbieSamuels <http://www.twitter.com/robbiesamuels> #sojust

*SOCIALIZING FOR JUSTICE - www.sojust.org*
SoJust is all about building a cross-issue progressive community, network
and movement in Boston. We're doing it by putting the SOCIAL back in SOCIAL
JUSTICE. We focus on creating welcoming spaces that foster
relationship-building across issue silos.

*Want to know more about SoJust?* Check out our Frequently Asked
Questions<http://sojust.meetup.com/1/messages/boards/view/viewthread?thread=3187615>and
past
event photos <http://sojust.meetup.com/1/photos/>!