[act-ma] Join us! Occupy the BIO Int'l Convention in Boston

Taylor Miles taylormmiles at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 06:15:05 PDT 2012

Click to view this email in a
browser<http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/811963/784374dc11/1471326859/8be92fb026/>

     Seeds of Resistance:
An Alternative Gathering for Environmental Justice and Movement-building

June 2012

    You are invited to a counter conference and coordinated action against
GMO and agribusiness attack!
   [image: box_top.gif]
Para ver esta mensagem em português,
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/b69492818a>clique
aqui<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/c4a96aad56>
Para español, haz clic
aqui<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/7a695aa9b5>

Fight back against corporate destruction of our food, health, seeds,
communities, and environment!

Join us to Occupy/Resist the BIO Int'l Convention! NO to Monsanto! NO to
GMOs! Join us to build community power, resistance, justice, and autonomy!

BIO International Convention 2012 will be arriving in Boston in just over a
week, and we want to confront this gathering with a gathering of our own!

 *Seeds of Resistance Gathering:
*

*Wednesday, June 20th
**COUNTER CONFERENCE*
*5:30 - 9:00 p.m.
*Spontaneous Celebrations
45 Danforth Street
Jamaica Plain
**Interpretation between English, Spanish, and Portuguese will be
available.
Suggested $5-$10 donation, to go towards cost of space and food*

*Thursday, June 21st **
**DAY OF ACTION*
11:00 AM
Dewey Square (near South Station & the Boston Convention Center)

Join the *Ciclovida team *in working to build power in resistance to BIO
International, an annual gathering of some of the biggest behemoths in
industrial agriculture and the big pharma industry. Help organize and take
part in a counter-conference and coordinated action for folks in grassroots
movements for environmental justice, food justice, and agricultural
justice.

*We want to build our power together* as these corporations are trying to
control (and meanwhile destroy) our food systems, our health, our seeds,
our communities and our environment!
                           *We want justice and autonomy!*

[image: photo.php?fbid=234966359923418&set=t.21503354&type=1&theater]

  More details:

Seeds of Resistance:
An Alternative Gathering for Environmental Justice and
Movement-Building<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/4c4de489da>
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/1b3b2e781f>

[image: Clark2]

*What: *A two-day gathering to share, organize, learn, and strategize in
resistance to industrial agriculture and for alternative solutions.

*June 20th: *

   - Music performances, food, group sharing and discussion
   - Report-back from the Ciclovida Encontro in Brazil
   - Relationship and movement-building / action planning
   - Natural / heirloom seed exchange
   - PREMIERE of the new Ciclovida short film on Agrofuels
   Interpretation between English, Spanish, and Portuguese will be available

*June 21st:* DAY OF ACTION

   - A public and strategic action to speak out against corporate control
   and destruction of our food, agriculture, communities, seeds, health, and
   environment

*Who: *Activists, farmers, communities in struggle, and anyone outraged by
the current state of agriculture, food systems, health, and environment

*Why:*

   - To create an alternative space for building grassroots resistance in
   the face of monstrosities of industrial agriculture and pharmaceuticals
   gathering – counter their planning with our own
   - To share social movement experience and resistance to corporate
   domination and capitalism in the context of environmental justice
   - To Strengthen the Ciclovida movement in the U.S., confronting
   Monsanto's agenda to bring GMO to industrial agriculture and sharing the
   Ciclovida project from the global south that is working to counter that
   - Deepen relationships and solidarity in the broader environmental
   justice movement, while highlighting connections between global struggles
   and local struggles
   - Carry out a coordinated action against destructive Biotech conference

REGISTER NOW<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/9b5d56b6cf>to
help us confirm attendees and get an idea of numbers to expect:
*http://tinyurl.com/d82ungz*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/10893260d7>

CHECK OUT our Facebook event
page<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/8afd600c51>:
*http://tinyurl.com/ciclo-seeds-of-res*<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/2a6a302e40>and
invite your friends!

Contact Ashley, one of the organizers, with any questions, comments, or
concerns, at ashley at ciclovida.org, 774-460-1274
  Featuring the world premiere of Ciclovida: Lifecycle's new short film
about agrofuels!
[image:
?ui=2&ik=3057668b6a&view=att&th=135913b48acafd77&attid=0.1&disp=emb&zw&atsh=1]
*Agrofuels: Industrial Agriculture's Latest Attack on the People and the
Planet**: a half-hour in depth educational supplement to the feature film:*
*
*
*Agrofuels: Industrial Agriculture's Latest Attack on the People and the
Planet* delves into depth about the issues of growing monocrops for fuel.
 Beyond widely discussed concerns about using diverting food crops to the
production of fuel, so-called "second generation agrofuels" - or
cellulose-based fuels - also have detrimental effects on indigenous
communities, small farmers and the environment.  This short provides
critical evidence and leaves viewers with hope from grassroots communities
building real alternatives.

The film will be shown on June 20th during the gathering and will be
followed by discussion. Check out the trailer now at
www.ciclovida.org<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/c50569b315>
  [image: box_bottom.gif]

      [image: furou]
 **For more information, check out:

   - Ciclovida website
<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/e1bd68e196>
   - Facebook event<http://cts.vresp.com/c/?CiclovidaLifecycle/784374dc11/8be92fb026/4f1fc261f9>

  Schedule overview:

June 20th:
5:30 PM – Greetings and intros
6:00 – Screening of agrofuels film
6:50  – Film discussion
7:20  – Report back of Ciclovida Encontro
7:50 – Discussion, sharing, and building power
8:30 -- Action discussion and planning
9:00 -- Performances, art &  sign-making, music

June 21st:
11:00 AM - Gather in Dewey Square for action

      www.ciclovida.org
Tel: 774 460 1274
Email: info at ciclovida.org

forward this email to a friend
  Ciclovida: Lifecycle
4 King St
Worcester, MA 01610
US

Read <http://www.verticalresponse.com/content/pm_policy.html> the
VerticalResponse marketing policy.
  [image: Try Email Marketing with VerticalResponse!]
<http://www.verticalresponse.com/landing/ef/?mm/784374dc11>