[act-ma] 9/9 LINDA JENKINS - "Homecoming Sunday: Water Communion"

Commchurch.org info at commchurch.org
Tue Sep 4 13:25:33 PDT 2012

THE COMMUNITY CHURCH OF BOSTON
SUNDAY SPEAKERS FORUM presents...

Sunday, September 9, 2012
11:00am

LINDA JENKINS
"Homecoming Sunday: Water Communion"

Each year we begin a new season of church services and each year is an
opportunity for us to honor the various gifts we each bring into this
community. The Water Communion is a ritual that has been done in UU
congregations for decades, symbolizing the joining of a congregational
community in intentional relationship. Please bring water from a place you
journeyed to over the summer (or some symbolic tap water) and be ready to
share with us about something you learned or experienced over the summer.

Linda Jenkins is the Congregational Director of the Community Church of
Boston.

Community Church of Boston
565 Boylston St. (Copley Square)
www.communitychurchofboston.org

*************

JOIN US ON SUNDAYS

11:00am Sunday Speakers' Service/Forum (2nd floor)
12:30pm Luncheon

*************

NEXT WEEK'S COMMUNITY CHURCH FORUM (9/16)

SHAHRZAD NOORBALOOCHI
"A New War in the Middle East?"

*************

LUNCH ON SUNDAYS, 12:30PM

On Sunday after our morning programs, we have lunch with one another,
prepared by our cook Luis Alonso Guzman. Enjoy a delicious lunch with
friends! A small contribution is requested to help cover lunch expenses.

*************

DIRECTIONS/PARKING

The Community Church is located at 565 Boylston Street in Copley Square,
between Dartmouth and Clarendon Streets.

Parking is available on Sunday mornings at the Back Bay Garage (entrances on
Clarendon Street or St. James Ave.). We can provide a sticker to affix to
your parking receipt, and you will be charged $5.00 for 3 hours of parking.

By public transportation, take the Green line to Copley or take the Orange
line to Back Bay station. Community Church is a 2-minute walk from either
station.

*************

A PEACE AND JUSTICE CONGREGATION SINCE 1920

The Community Church of Boston is a free community united for the study and
practice of universal religion, seeking to apply ethical ideals to
individual life and the democratic and cooperative principle to all forms of
social and economic life.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT US

Jason Lydon, Congregational Director
Community Church of Boston