[act-ma] Thurs, 9/13, "stop the bomb trains" strategy mtg, Chelsea

Loie Hayes loie.hayes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:34:48 PDT 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Chelsea Collaborative <yarig at chelseacollab.org>
Date: Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 2:06 PM
Subject: We need your help to STOP the "BOMB TRAINS!"
To: bostonclimateaction at gmail.com

<http://campaign.r20.constantcontact.com/render?llr=i4mprxfab&v=001Xb0L0r5qCg1Lq3gth-LkSFk350IIRivM-rqw0E2Hf0MSpowqYcrIge9pciH4ppAGsl5_H-QJNLkjCamAIgLhmDPAtcnyNYT4MD8W1DZ7zFPFMT0RdXu0UmBgMEEuAgxa>

        *We need your help to STOP the
"BOMB TRAINS!"*
Greetings!

We write to invite you to an important community forum where we will
discuss and inform residents of Chelsea, East Boston, Everett, Revere and
other affected communities about an egregious proposal to bring 280+
million gallons of high flammable ethanol through our community by rail.

*The meeting will map out steps to stop the ethanol trains. It will take
place on September 13, 2012 at 6pm at the Williams Community School, 180
Walnut Street Chelsea (please enter on the Arlington St. side).*

As you may remember, Global Oil located in Revere, MA, proposes to bring
freight trains carrying ethanol to its facility along the Chelsea River.
Ethanol is a volatile, flammable, colorless liquid that burns at extremely
high temperatures.  Global is proposing to bring 187,200,000 - 280,800,000
gallons of ethanol through the communities of Fitchburg, Leominster, Ayer,
Littleton, Acton, Concord, Lincoln, Waltham, Belmont, Cambridge,
Somerville, Everett, Boston and Chelsea to their final destination in
Revere.

A 2011 study commissioned by the state Department of Environmental
Protection found ethanol is now the largest volume of hazardous material
being transported by rail.

Alcohol-resistant foam is necessary to extinguish ethanol fires along with
specially trained fire-fighters.

*Just a few weeks ago, the public witnessed the derailment of a commuter
rail train in Belmont, MA; and an accident where a car was crushed by a
train in Medford, MA. * An accident involving these proposed ethanol trains
could decimate entire neighborhoods throughout the Commonwealth.

*We need your help to stop the "bomb trains!"*

*Join us on September 13th at 6pm*

*Williams Community School*

*180 Walnut Street, Chelsea MA 02150*
     <http://visitor.r20.constantcontact.com/email.jsp?m=1105670419432>
<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1105670419432&ea=bostonclimateaction%40gmail.com&a=1110959347482>

     Forward this
email<http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?llr=i4mprxfab&m=1105670419432&ea=bostonclimateaction%40gmail.com&a=1110959347482>

<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001j1goOSFfRbbUNS-BxWYhNiP3cNT_yahF&t=0015_-n0CbBYQWbXyOyC7kcFA%3D%3D&llr=i4mprxfab>
<http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?cc=TEM_OFR_002>
This email was sent to bostonclimateaction at gmail.com by
yarig at chelseacollab.org |
Update Profile/Email
Address<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=oo&mse=001j1goOSFfRbbUNS-BxWYhNiP3cNT_yahF&t=0015_-n0CbBYQWbXyOyC7kcFA%3D%3D&llr=i4mprxfab>
SafeUnsubscribe<http://visitor.constantcontact.com/do?p=un&mse=001j1goOSFfRbbUNS-BxWYhNiP3cNT_yahF&t=0015_-n0CbBYQWbXyOyC7kcFA%3D%3D&llr=i4mprxfab>™
| Privacy Policy <http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp>.
Chelsea Collaborative | 318 Broadway | Chelsea | MA | 02150

--

~Loie Hayes
Coordinator