[act-ma] 9/19 Reclaiming Our Democracy and Stopping the Super-PACs with David Cobb

John Hill tojhil at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 17 09:48:47 PDT 2012

HOW TO GET BIG MONEY OUT OF ELECTIONS
& RECLAIM THE CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS OF
‘WE THE PEOPLE’

Please join local democracy activists at any of four local appearances by David Cobb, nationally known spokesperson for Move to Amend! David will pull back the curtain on the decades-old story of how corporations have gotten the Supreme Court to give them constitutional rights reserved for the people by the framers of the Constitution. Using these rights, corporations and the super-rich are now allowed to spend unlimited sums to influence our elections! The 2010 Citizens United v. FEC decision is only the latest in a series of decisions that have brought us the infamous Super PACs.

Meet other concerned citizens who want to reclaim our democracy! Get involved in the growing national movement for an amendment to the US Constitution!

David’s talk couldn’t be better timed. This November 6, nearly a third of Massachusetts voters will have the chance to vote on the Democracy Amendment question, a nonbinding ballot question calling for a constitutional amendment to end corporate constitutional rights and allow spending limits in political campaigns.

Please come!

And please share this announcement with your email lists! The talk is free and open to all, with a Q&A, discussion, and an opportunity to network afterwards.

BOSTON
Wednesday September 19
7 to 9 p.m.

Clark Room
Arlington Street Church, Unitarian Universalist
351 Boylston Street
Corner of Arlington and Boylston Steets.
(Arlington St. T stop)

Learn more about the Democracy Amendment question at www.democracyamendmentmass.org

For more information on the event or to get involved…

GREATER BOSTON MOVE TO AMEND
www.gbmta.org.
781-894-1179
Thank you!

For democracy,

The activists of The Greater Boston Move to Amend