[act-ma] 9/19 7:00 pm Peace, Economic Justice and the Military Budget with Mike Prokosch (OBR.fm - Rebroadcast)

David O. Knuttunen webmaster at dsaboston.org
Tue Sep 18 16:20:00 PDT 2012

9/19 Peace, Economic Justice and the Military Budget with Mike Prokosch

We are continuing to work on putting together a new show or shows about the
Federal budget, to air before the election. While we work on it, it seems
like a good idea to re-air this related interview, which originally
broadcast on 4/18.

Longtime peace and justice activist Mike Prokosch is one of the main
organizers behind the 25% Coalition <http://www.25percentsolution.com> ,
which seeks to build support for cutting the U.S. military budget by 25%,
and investing those funds instead in building and sustaining our
communities. With the U.S., including our states and cities, still facing
devastating economic and environmental crises, this is the moment to demand
a shift in our country's priorities. Military spending - now more than $700
billion per year - is bankrupting our country and draining the life blood of
our communities. With a 25% reduction in military spending in the Federal
budget <http://nationalpriorities.org/> , we could instead fund urgent
needs, including jobs, housing, health care, education, clean energy and
infrastructure repairs, and prevent the layoffs of State and local public
workers in the Commonwealth.

Peace, Economic Justice and the Military Budget w/ Mike Prokosch
Wednesday, 9/19/2012 7:00 pm USA Eastern Time
(rebroadcast of an interview that originally aired 4/18)
Occupy Boston Radio - OBR.FM
with rebroadcasts the following Monday 10:00 am
and Wednesday 7:00 am

Set your Internet Browser to  <http://obr.fm/> OBR.FM.

Occupy Boston Radio is currently available by internet only.  You can reach
us at http://www.occupyboston.org/radio/ or http://obr.fm <http://obr.fm/> ,
or by going to http://occupyboston.org <http://occupyboston.org/>  and
choosing "Radio" from the red menu bar at the top of the page.  Once on the
page, click the "play" arrow on the radio player control app to begin
listening.   Listener participation is possible via call-in or IRC chat -
see phone number and link on the radio page.

Also, check out our Blog at  <http://fsuradio.wordpress.com>
http://fsuradio.wordpress.com.