[act-ma] NOV. 3 RESTORATIVE JUSTICE CONFERENCE AT HARVARD LAW SCHOOL: REGISTER TODAY!!

Aria Littlhous aria at littlhous.net
Tue Oct 2 05:09:57 PDT 2012

 Dear Friends, ****

** **

I am pleased to announce that the *Massachusetts Restorative Justice Task
Force *will convene a day-long summit *Building Communities of Care
Wherever We Are* on *Saturday, November 3, 2012 *from *8:30am to 5:00pm* at
*Harvard Law School.*  Registration and breakfast will be held from 8:30am
to 9:00am and the conference will start promptly at 9:00am.****

 **

*Building Communities of Care Wherever We Are** *is a day-long gathering
that will equip participants with tools to build restorative justice and
transformative practices.  We will use a “care lens” wherever there is an
opening including: ****

** **

**·         **Schools****

**·         **Youth centers****

**·         **Domestic violence and sexual assault centers****

**·         **Faith communities****

**·         **Prisons****

** **

We will explore perspectives, skills, practices and resources to use with
different populations and settings. Participants will experience healing
dialogue, peacemaking circles and other innovative approaches to create
nurturing communities.****

* *

*Key topics will include the following:  *

* *

**·         **Examine our own mindsets; ****

**·         **Justice, integrity and community values; ****

**·         **Preventive approaches, hope and healing; ****

**·         **Restorative justice and transformative practices in specific
contexts; ****

**·         **Circle practice; and ****

**·         **Building the world we want to create.****

* *

*Space is limited so register today!*

* *

*To reserve your spot, please register at the below link:*

* *

*http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2DB9RY5*<http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/2DB9RY5>
**

* *

Please distribute this announcement to your networks!  Attached is a flyer
for you to post.****

** **

We welcome organizations and networks that would like to sign on as
conference supporters.  *If your organization would like to sign on as a
conference supporter, please contact Barbara Best, Children’s Defense Fund
at **bbest at childrensdefense.org*<http://mc/compose?to=bbest@childrensdefense.org>
* *

** **

Supporting organizations and networks will be listed in conference
materials.****

** **

Special thanks to our *conference planning committee members*:****

** **

**§  **Pierre R. Berastain, Susan Chorley, Alex Heinz, Vilma Uribe (Renewal
House)****

**§  **Barbara Best (Children’s Defense Fund and Massachusetts Coalition to
Dismantle the Cradle to Prison Pipeline)****

**§  **Janet Connors (Homicide Support Services, Center for Violence
Prevention and Recovery)****

**§  **Michael Glennon (Suffolk County District Attorney’s Office)****

**§  **David Harris and Johanna Wald (Charles Hamilton Houston Institute
for Race and Justice)****

**§  **Cathy Hoffman (Cambridge Restorative Justice Circles Working Group)**
**

**§  **Kendra Hoyt (JUST Circles) ****

**§  **Strong Oak Lefebvre (New England Learning Center for Women in
Transition)****

**§  **Azure Parker (UMass-Boston Center for African, Caribbean and
Community Development)****

**§  **Betsy Simmons (Religion and Conflict Transformation Program at
Boston University School of Theology)****

* *

For questions or additional information, please contact Barbara Best,
Children’s Defense Fund,
bbest at childrensdefense.org<http://mc/compose?to=bbest@childrensdefense.org>
(202.320.2328) or Pierre Berastaín, Renewal House,
pberastain at uuum.org<http://mc/compose?to=pberastain@uuum.org>
(214.957.0363).****

** **

Barbara****

** **

** **

Barbara Best
*Director of Foundation Relations and Special Projects*****

*
*Children's Defense Fund
p  (202) 320-2328
e  bbest at childrensdefense.org<https://mail.childrensdefense.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=62645623393446e38244b03d43362ac8&URL=mailto%3abbest%40childrensdefense.org>
   ****

 www.childrensdefense.org<https://mail.childrensdefense.org/owa/redir.aspx?C=62645623393446e38244b03d43362ac8&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.childrensdefense.org%2f>
****

 ****

*Be Careful What You Cut***

[image: bcwyc-baby]****

** **

*Cutting children from the budget now costs all of us later.*

http://www.childrensdefense.org/be-careful-what-you-cut/****

** **

--

*"When you walk with purpose you collide with destiny." -Bertice Berry*

--
"Our goal is a society that prioritizes the needs of all before the profits
of the few." passed by Occupy Boston General Assembly 11/29/11