[act-ma] [UJP] Urgent: Volunteers and publicity needed for Budget for All Referendum!

United for Justice with Peace info at justicewithpeace.org
Tue Oct 16 17:30:33 PDT 2012

UJP: Urgent: Volunteers and publicity needed for Budget for All Referendum!
p, h1, h2, h3 {font-family: Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial; }
======== URGENT: VOLUNTEERS AND PUBLICITY NEEDED FOR BUDGET FOR ALL
         REFERENDUM! =========================================================

*see list of 5 volunteer tasks below*

*contact*: Paul Shannon, pshannon at afsc.org [1] or Duncan McFarland,
mcfarland13 at gmail.com [2]

The Budget for All referendum for peace and justice is on the ballot in much
of the greater Boston area and other parts of Massachusetts. Publicity is now
the big challenge: numerous progressive political officials are supporting
the initiative and many people like the referendum and will vote yes -- but
lots of potential supporters still haven't heard about it. We need UJP groups
to help get the word out. UJP community groups can play a crucial role in
winning a big YES vote on Nov. 6 -- activity at the grassroots level is
critical ! With only three weeks left until the Nov. 6 election, now is the
time when voters are listening and we have the opportunity to send our
message!

The referendum calls for protecting social security and other essential
programs, ending the wars and reducing the military budget, and funding jobs
and our communities. The full text, flyers, media support and other resources
are at the Budget for All website:

*/www.budget4allmass.org//* [3]

For more information: */www.justicewithpeace.org/* [4]

*Volunteers are needed for the following tasks:*

 1) to bring our flyers to the many events coming up over the next few weeks,
    and where possible to inform people at these events about the referendum
 2) to help our coordinators in the different districts carry out outreach
    activities on the local level (holding our rally signs, handing out
    flyers, etc.)
 3) getting our press releases into local media outlets
 4) having a presence at as many polling places throughout the state as
    possible on election day itself
 5) “Thank you” leafleting on the Thursday after the election in towns
    where we win the vote

If you can volunteer for any of these tasks, please let us know.

*To make sure Paul sees your email response, please write “HELP: Volunteers
needed” in the subject line and email pshannon at afsc.org [5]*

United for Justice with Peace [6] is a coalition of peace and justice
organizations and community peace groups in the Greater Boston region. The
UJP Coalition, formed after September 11th, seeks global peace through social
and economic justice.

/Help us continue to do this critical work! Make a donation to UJP today.
[7]/

info at justicewithpeace.org [8]

617-383-4857 www.justicewithpeace.org [9] Upcoming Events:  Exit Afghanistan
Now: Support the Budget for All - Brown Bag Lunch Vigil [10] Wed Oct 17
12:00pm Downstairs from Sen. John Kerry's office Boston Strategic National
Conference On Mass Incarceration and Reentry [11] Thu Oct 18 6:00pm Boston
University Law School Auditorium Boston The Deadly Connection: Endless War
and the Ecological/ Economic Crisis [12] Sun Oct 21 7:00pm First Unitarian
Society in Newton West Newton The Elections and the "Unpeoples"--Discussion
with Noam Chomsky, Val Moghadam, and Vijay Prashad [13] Thu Nov 8 7:30pm Old
South Church Boston Peace Movement: Next Steps [14] Sun Nov 11 7:00pm
Jefferson Cutler House Arlington Bombs versus Budgets: The High Price of
Nuclear Weapons [15] Sun Nov 18 7:00pm First Unitarian Society in Newton West
Newton
/More Peace and Justice Events [16].    How to Submit Events [17]/

[1] mailto:pshannon at afsc.org
[2] mailto:mcfarland13 at gmail.com
[3] http://www.budget4allmass.org
[4] http://www.justicewithpeace.org