[act-ma] Thurs 11-01, 7pm City Life/Vida Urbana vigil for daycare provider facing bank eviction, Dorchester

Maria Christina Blanco mcblanco at diezlunas.org
Tue Oct 30 13:06:06 PDT 2012

Stand with City Life/Vida Urbana
<cid:part1.07010203.09000904 at diezlunas.org> member Yolanda Nova
<http://www.aljazeera.com/news/americas/2012/09/2012913114055109755.html>,
a home daycare provider who is being evicted by Fannie Mae from both her
living quarters and her daycare space. A tenant before foreclosure, she
is offering to pay rent and has applied to both Boston Community
Capital's SUN program <http://www.sunhomehelp.org/> and the COHIF Pilot
Project <http://cohif.wikispaces.com/> to purchase the building.  She is
again at a critical juncture: she faces a trial date on Nov 8 on the
eviction case on the 1st floor. We need to keep the pressure on Fannie
Mae/Freddie Mac after our protests in NYC and DC last month.  COHIF has
established dialogue with a contact within Fannie on possibly acquiring
the house Yolanda lives in along with several others in the Four Corners
area.  But this eviction needs to be stopped to give that process time
to work.
Please join us for a vigil, speakout, and popular theater with Bank
Tenants Association members and family daycare provider union members at
Yolanda's house at 4 Beechwood St.
<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=4+beechwood+street,+dorchester+ma&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hnear=4+Beechwood+St,+Boston,+Massachusetts+02121&gl=us&t=m&z=16>
in Dorchester at 7pm, Thurs Nov 1.   Also, please sign and share the
online petition
<http://www.change.org/petitions/fannie-mae-stop-evicting-daycare-provider-rent-sell-to-occupants-of-foreclosed-homes>
asking Calvin Richardson, an official with Fannie Mae, to negotiate with
Yolanda rather than evicting her.