[act-ma] 11/09 Cuba Symposium: "Cuba Reconsidered: New Perspectives from Havana" (Tufts)

July 26th Coalition info at july26.org
Sun Nov 4 18:09:51 PST 2012

Cuba Symposium: "Cuba Reconsidered: New Perspectives from Havana"

         Nov 9, 2012, 2pm EST

This summer, a group of nine Tufts University undergraduates traveled to
Havana, Cuba for six weeks to study and conduct independent research at
La Casa de las Americas, a subsidiary of University of Havana.

We would like to invite you to "Cuba Reconsidered: New Perspectives from
Havana", a symposium where we will share some of our academic
experiences with the Tufts community. We will present on our research,
which covers topics including race, health, agriculture, economy and
alternative energy in Cuba. We also have the great pleasure of hosting
four Cuban academics we had the opportunity to work with this summer:
Gloria Rolando, Tomas Robaina, Jorge Fornet and Roberto Zurbano. They
will present on a range of topics pertaining to race, gender and
cultural movements in Cuba. The goal of the symposium is to promote
dialogue and learning about Cuba within the Tufts community.

Building: Aidekman Arts Center
Campus: Medford/Somerville Campus
City: Medford, MA 02155
Location Details: Remis Sculpture Court
Category: Academics, Conferences & Symposia
Event Contact: Email: latinocenter at tufts.edu, Phone: (617) 627-3363,
Fax: (617) 627-3579
Event Sponsor: This event is co-sponsored by: The Latino Center, the
Department of Romance Languages, the International Relations Program,
Department of Political Science, Department of Sociology, The Africana
Center, Latino Studies, and the Department of Anthropology.